News Metro Exodus PC/RTX Analysis: The Next Level In Real-Time Visuals

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I'm such a sucker for new graphic tech! Most of my life I've been with Geforce just because of their geforce extras thing, even if it meant lower FPS.

Glad to see new tech being used quite nicely already.

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I'm such a sucker for new graphic tech! Most of my life I've been with Geforce just because of their geforce extras thing, even if it meant lower FPS.

Glad to see new tech being used quite nicely already.
yeah, looks sooooo good with RTX

madjoki

đź‘€ I see you
Sep 19, 2018
too bad RTX costs like one months salary if you skip eating and paying rent for whole month :(

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I think I might get a external casing and a rtx at some point and use it on my MacBook, I mean if I get a good job. Hopefully there will be alot more quality rtx stuff like this then.

SRossi

regretten? rien!
Dec 9, 2018
RTX on in Metro looks great and is very playable for me on 3340x1440. Extreme and RTX High (not Ultra) I get most of the time about 60 fps or higher with dips to low/mid 50s.
DLSS on the other hand seems completely borked. I've read that DLSS on ultrawide doesn't work with Metro but I can enable it and it really is a blurry mess. BFV is so much better with DLSS imo.
So I think (guess) that Metro really doesn't work with 21:9 DLSS and there is a bug that you can enable it but it destroys the picture with a algorithm in another (supported) resolution and the result is horrible.