|OT| Monster Hunter Rise

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
pastebin.com
Copy pasted from Steam (with aesthetic changes to the order) as I might be posting a lot and get annoying. You can also get it for Switch.

Rise to the challenge and join the hunt!
In Monster Hunter Rise, the latest installment in the award-winning and top-selling Monster Hunter series, you’ll become a hunter, explore brand new maps and use a variety of weapons to take down fearsome monsters as part of an all-new storyline.
The PC release also comes packed with a number of additional visual and performance enhancing optimizations.

Ferocious monsters with unique ecologies
Hunt down a plethora of monsters with distinct behaviors and deadly ferocity.
From classic returning monsters to all-new creatures inspired by Japanese folklore, including the flagship wyvern Magnamalo, you’ll need to think on your feet and master their unique tendencies if you hope to reap any of the rewards!

Choose your weapon and show your skills
Wield 14 different weapon types that offer unique gameplay styles, both up-close and from long range.
Charge up and hit hard with the devastating Great Sword; dispatch monsters in style using the elegant Long Sword; become a deadly maelstrom of blades with the speedy Dual Blades; charge forth with the punishing Lance; or take aim from a distance with the Bow and Bowguns.
These are just a few of the weapon types available in the game, meaning you’re sure to find the play style that suits you best.

Experience new hunting actions with the Wirebug
Wirebugs are an integral part of your hunter’s toolkit. The special silk they shoot out can be used to zip up walls and across maps, and can even be used to pull off special attacks unique to each of the 14 weapon types in the game.

Hunt, gather and craft your way to the top of the food chain
Each monster you hunt will provide materials that allow you to craft new weapons and armor and upgrade your existing gear.
Go back out on the field and hunt even fiercer monsters and earn even better rewards!
You can change your weapon at any of the Equipment Boxes any time, so the possibilities are limitless!

Hunt solo or team up to take monsters down
The Hunter Hub offers multiplayer quests where up to four players can team up to take on targets together.
Difficulty scaling ensures that whether you go solo or hit the hunt as a full four-person squad, it’s always a fair fight.

Buddies are here to help
The Palico Felyne friends you already know and love from previous Monster Hunter adventures are joined by the brand new Palamute Canyne companions!

Stunning visuals, unlocked framerate and other PC optimizations
Enjoy beautiful graphics at up 4K resolution, HDR with support for features including ultrawide monitors and an unlocked frame rate make to make this a truly immersive monster-hunting experience.
Hunters will also get immediate access to a number of free title updates that include new monsters, quests, gear and more.

Enjoy an exciting new storyline set in Kamura Village
This serene locale is inhabited by a colorful cast of villagers who have long lived in fear of the Rampage - a catastrophic event where countless monsters attack the village all at once. 50 years after the last Rampage, you must work together with the villagers to face this trial.

Wreak havoc by controlling monsters
Control raging monsters using Wyvern Riding and dish out massive damage to your targets!

Fend off hordes of monsters in The Rampage
Protect Kamura Village from hordes of monsters in an all-new quest type!
Prepare for monster hunting on a scale like never before!

Last edited:
Reactions: LEANIJA and Cacher
OP
Alextended

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
pastebin.com
Is anyone else playing? PC/Switch/Solo/online? This is the most fun Monster Hunter for me, a near perfect blend of pre-World stuff, World stuff and new stuff..!

Last edited:

Involution

Aug 24, 2020
I'm on switch if anyone wants to play sometime. I also bought it on PC on preorder discount but I'd like to mod my switch save to work on it when that's available lol

• Eyes
Reactions: Alextended
OP
Alextended

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
pastebin.com
I just got to High Rank! I gotta grind LR more though, I wanna do all quests at least once, but the way the game is set up, you know how in Tri and older games you had the village and the city/hub quests, and the latter were largely hunts of what you already fought solo but MP balanced, it's similar here, but you can skip a lot of the early stuff for MP by doing the solo stuff. I've pretty much only 100% the village and as I went through that it popped up some hunter license quests that increased the rank of quests I could take in the hub. So after doing all that it popped up an Apex monster Rampage quest, which is an MP quest and beating that unlocked 4 star quests in the hub which is where HR begins. I did it alone and almost failed it, got carted twice and had the fort and final gate quite smashed, a right bastard that Apex monster, I did start with join request enabled but nobody came to help at any point. So anyway, I'll start completing all LR quests in the hub before going to HR so I've got quite a bit to do still as I did the village first rather than do it concurrently as I was doing back in Tri days. I'm reading that Apex monsters were initially available only in Rampages so I could see how that could make some folks feel miffed if they don't like the rampages (again, I have no issues with those yet - and after 50 hours iirc 2 were forced) but by now after doing them in a rampage they eventually get normal quests too.

Edit: damn 50 hours according to Steam, I guess I'm playing it on average 4+ hours a day since launch, yikes. Hooked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vantr

Involution

Aug 24, 2020
I just got to High Rank! I gotta grind LR more though, I wanna do all quests at least once, but the way the game is set up, you know how in Tri and older games you had the village and the city/hub quests, and the latter were largely hunts of what you already fought solo but MP balanced, it's similar here, but you can skip a lot of the early stuff for MP by doing the solo stuff. I've pretty much only 100% the village and as I went through that it popped up some hunter license quests that increased the rank of quests I could take in the hub. So after doing all that it popped up an Apex monster Rampage quest, which is an MP quest and beating that unlocked 4 star quests in the hub which is where HR begins. I did it alone and almost failed it, got carted twice and had the fort and final gate quite smashed, a right bastard that Apex monster, I did start with join request enabled but nobody came to help at any point. So anyway, I'll start completing all LR quests in the hub before going to HR so I've got quite a bit to do still as I did the village first rather than do it concurrently as I was doing back in Tri days. I'm reading that Apex monsters were initially available only in Rampages so I could see how that could make some folks feel miffed if they don't like the rampages (again, I have no issues with those yet - and after 50 hours iirc 2 were forced) but by now after doing them in a rampage they eventually get normal quests too.

Edit: damn 50 hours according to Steam, I guess I'm playing it on average 4+ hours a day since launch, yikes. Hooked.
It's really great lol, glad you're having fun with it. Maybe I should just start a new character since none of those save mods seem to be coming out...

OP
Alextended

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
pastebin.com
More random screens. It's hard to remember to take them during actual action scenes even though I set my screenshot key on a gamepad button too. Ah well.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I'm looking forward to playing it myself!
Though I'm waiting until Sunbreak releases and will just buy the whole thing at that time.

OP
Alextended

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
pastebin.com
Finished the LR quests (although I still need to repeat a few, mostly event quests, to get enough rewards for some bonus stuff) so finally moving to HR soon :blobcheer:

Last edited:
OP
Alextended

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
pastebin.com
I played a bit too much... Got to 5 star HR (but still need to finish up all the 4 starred)! Joiuidifhjdahjus (whatever, the fish thing) was pretty fun, surprisingly. Neither Plesioth lethal (and annoying) nor lame as in World. Weird it wasn't in LR but cool I guess. I'd have probably switched its place with the mud Lagiacrus type one.

It said that in 5 star quests monsters may "invade" my hunts, but it was pretty common to have 3 in the same map even if I hunted 1, I'll see what it changes soon.

Last edited:
OP
Alextended

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
pastebin.com
By the way I was checking the Nexus page for Rise to see if there's anything interesting (nope, just cheats and random crap nobody needs, personally I'm just looking for a pitfall trap texture mod, somehow it always looks bad by default, lol, the rest is stellar if you ask me) and saw someone made a mod that makes the final hunt attack/move slow motion without changing to the super close up monster cam. That or another mod lets you skip the victory animation screen and other related things. I'm not gonna mod my game for such things but I found (sorry if lttp) you can skip that if you use your wirebug to hang/dangle (not normally use it to launch yourself or anything else) as the timer expires, then it gets the painterly effect and stamp right there and moves on to the results.

OP
Alextended

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
pastebin.com
Ah shit, the game crashed, for the first time in 69.7 hours.. It was a multi hunt quest, I guess I should be glad it happened before killing the first one rather than just before finishing it all. But now I'll be dreading that it will happen again at any given time. The game is telling me I'm playing it too much I guess, lol. Yikes. In other news Switch got update 3.8.0, it's not on PC yet but I'm reading the PC build should get concurrent in events/versions by next month so that's great! :blobcheer:

Last edited:
OP
Alextended

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
pastebin.com
Still hooked. Got my first quest fail fighting a 6 star HR Rathalos, at least two of his moves were almost one shotting me and he's pretty fast and aggressive here.

Last edited:
OP
Alextended

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
pastebin.com
This guy makes cool clips, one of them popped up in my feed and I've been digging through his stuff. If only I could ever play that good, lol. It's not happening.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MomoVideo
OP
Alextended

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
pastebin.com
At ~100 hours I just beat Narwa and seem to be in post-game territory mechanics wise, unlocked Hunter Rank and all. But since things weren't resolved I assume that later it opens up some final urgent quests to finish the thing with (they aren't gonna leave us hanging until Sunbreak or something, oh, I seem to remember it launched on Switch without the ending so, it probably cut off here back then, but the true ending was eventually added, so I'm sure there is soon going to be something more that's already in here). These were pretty fun gimmick based elder dragon fights, kind of like Tri's Ceadeus but also totally different. I'm not spoling the elders and other big stuf in my screenshots of course, just mostly the stuff people have already seen/are in every game so yeah. It also said that with unlocked HR urgents will pop up to increase your rank here and there, that's neat for a semblance of progression outside simply farming/grinding.

Last edited:

MonthOLDpickle

The person people ignore.
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Almost HR200 and still no talisman.

This endgame sucks lol. Though if you ignore it and just play casually it's fun. But I really want that talisman. I got bunches of ones to use for other builds but not for my most beloved.

OP
Alextended

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
pastebin.com
I finished the story deal at 120 hours or so. That was decently epic and again reminds me a lot of Tri in set up. I still haven't fought a Valstrax, maybe that's the next urgent quest at HR100 or whatever. It looks like it will be a fun fight, like most in the game have been. I'm hyped for Sunbreak now, the trailers are cool...

There's still a lot to do here, like get the 6 Apex variants (well, I've done the Arzuros which was easy and tried Apex Mizutsune which owned me as I mentioned earlier) and more rampages to get skill tickets for the newer weapons I've made. I wonder if they'll add anything new monster wise before Sunbreak as well...

Last edited:
OP
Alextended

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
pastebin.com
Yay, blade master style hunter armor layered look as it was in Tri & older games instead of the new...
PC doesn't get the amiibo-locked Sinister Seal layered set Switch got but there's a mod, of course...

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
There will be a Monster Hunter Rise free week for Nintendo Online members from March 11 to 17th.

OP
Alextended

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
pastebin.com

I like the european style vs the eastern themes of the base game. The new hub and more importantly the new areas look great, crazy vertical and fun to traverse like the base game stuff. Though I didn't quite understand if The Citadel is meant to be a single area encompassing several biomes, from ice to jungle, or just that part of the world, with these fully separate areas. Between the monsters shown here and the ones we had seen already plus many that are bound to be included even if they aren't shown here it's gonna be a pretty great collection overall. Though yeah, going from twin quest waifus to one (the smithy, duh) is a definite downgrade. But hey, they're smoothing out the controls even further so that's good. I love mobility in this game so damn much.

Last edited:
  • Gib
Reactions: Arc and lashman

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
Is it confirmed how many new maps will be there in an expansion?

OP
Alextended

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
pastebin.com
Lots of new stuff, different switch skill sets to alternate between, newly revealed characters and monsters/sub species, new endemic life, etc. (on top of those in the previous posts that is, I'm mostly including the brand new stuff from today here). I think this is the first time we get NPC hunters in hunts too.
Swap evade is a new movement ability that can only be used after a Switch Skill Swap. It lets you move quickly in any direction, so that you can dodge monster attacks and maintain your distance.
There are two customizable sets: the Red Switch Skill Swap Scroll and the Blue Switch Skill Swap Scroll. You can use Switch Skill Swap to quickly change back and forth between these two scrolls.
Starburst bugs are beetles that can be found in star-shaped clusters. Once established in a location, they remain stationary there for ages. Their shells are covered in a type of dust that reacts to external stimuli, yielding a change in the creature's color. Upon impact, such as from a monster, the dust detonates. While this detonation will cause harm to creatures exposed to it, the beetles themselves are protected by their hard shells, and will simply flee.
Thornytoads are small amphibians found in their droves in the Resinmires of the Citadel's forests. Their elastic tongues are tipped with suckers used not only for hunting, but also for clinging to wood, masonry, and other creatures. A ferocious breed that will jump to devour anything, even wounded monsters. Their bodies swell when attacked, until they emit concentrated gastric acid that makes even large monsters recoil.
Follower Collab Quests are single-player-only quests where you go on a hunt with various characters that appear in the story.

They still have the "new locales" section implying plural, but only listing The Citadel. If it's the only new area (that is a full explorable space, not like boss arenas and other such small stuff, shame they don't have any biome/area themed like the coral palace) and it's not gigantic, enough to have each of its varied biomes in a good size (with blocked off paths to some of them for early hunts) I'll be a bit disappointed. I guess we'll still be visiting the previous hunting grounds as we progress through, it's not like they'll keep sending us to The Citadel repeatedly. Iceborne also only listed one new area and had another post/end game one...

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman