|OT| Monster Hunter World: Prepare to hunt, snow bunnies!

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Hey, NarohDethan you might have seen it already so apologies if so.

MHW is part of a flash sale on GMG. I don't know if that will work better for you but I wanted to give a heads up while there was still 45 hours left on the sale.

Reactions: NarohDethan

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Hey, NarohDethan you might have seen it already so apologies if so.

MHW is part of a flash sale on GMG. I don't know if that will work better for you but I wanted to give a heads up while there was still 45 hours left on the sale.
Thank you for the heads up!, actually I was able to solve my card issue and bought it yesterday, I downloaded it overnight so I'll only install SpecialK and play when I get home :D

Gevin

Watch Madoka
Nov 16, 2018
Never noticed Kaldaien made a fix for MHW, does it work with current game version?

Reactions: Routa

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Just as a precaution...I guess SpecialK wont get me banned from MP right?

OP
MonthOLDpickle

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
As I mentioned earlier that I am using an older version (what version is yours) that I haven't updated since the game launched, no.

I am even still using a mod that adds items to buy from the vendor. Nothing cheaty though, stuff like traps and the like.

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Most people haven't suffered any sort of punishment for using all sorts of mods and even cheating but a lot of the more well known mods also recommend playing in offline mode to avoid any potential bans.

Chances are you'll be fine with something like SpecialK.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
As I mentioned earlier that I am using an older version (what version is yours) that I haven't updated since the game launched, no.

I am even still using a mod that adds items to buy from the vendor. Nothing cheaty though, stuff like traps and the like.
Most people haven't suffered any sort of punishment for using all sorts of mods and even cheating but a lot of the more well known mods also recommend playing in offline mode to avoid any potential bans.

Chances are you'll be fine with something like SpecialK.
I see. I would hate to be banned after all that trouble lol

Thanks!
Another thing, what's what 'CONFIG LOADED' popup when I start the game? blindrhythm MonthOLDpickle

Last edited:
Reactions: PossiblyPudding

Gevin

Watch Madoka
Nov 16, 2018
How hard is Ancient Leshen? Read it's like Extremoth and don't really want to waste my time on something like that :surrenderblob:

Reactions: Routa

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Another thing, what's what 'CONFIG LOADED' popup when I start the game?
Yeah, like MonthOLDpickle said that's a SpecialK thing I think.

The only mod I used for MHW was the texture mods before the official pack released and the last time I used SpecialK was for Nier Automata so I could be wrong.

How hard is Ancient Leshen? Read it's like Extremoth and don't really want to waste my time on something like that :surrenderblob:
Kicked my butt. To be fair I didn't have a great set of fire gear when I tried and I'm not a great player to begin with so your mileage might vary.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Yeah, like MonthOLDpickle said that's a SpecialK thing I think.

The only mod I used for MHW was the texture mods before the official pack released and the last time I used SpecialK was for Nier Automata so I could be wrong.

Kicked my butt. To be fair I didn't have a great set of fire gear when I tried and I'm not a great player to begin with so your mileage might vary.
In any case, I'm a fucking idiot and uninstalled the game accidentally, now I have to redownload everything. At least I hadnt downloaded the HD pack lol

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
In any case, I'm a fucking idiot and uninstalled the game accidentally, now I have to redownload everything. At least I hadnt downloaded the HD pack lol
Oh no! Seems like the game or fate is working against you at every turn to slow your progress to get ready for Iceborne. :cryingwhyblob:

Guess it worked as a weird reminder for the texture pack at least. :p

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Oh no! Seems like the game or fate is working against you at every turn to slow your progress to get ready for Iceborne. :cryingwhyblob:

Guess it worked as a weird reminder for the texture pack at least. :p
No biggie, weekend is near and I can rush through the story :minos_cowboy:

OP
MonthOLDpickle

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Just tried out Ancient Leshen. With how glitchy the normal version was for me I should have expected the ancient one to be even more so. Ancient Leshen walked around doing nothing for 8 minutes. Got us in the end because he got stuck in a basic root attack animation and I think the Leshen did the super move. Who knows, the group I was in will never know lol.

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I've gotten to where I can run down the timer against the Ancient Leshen solo but I simply don't do enough damage because I'm playing it so safe.

What's frustrating is from what I've read I have to be pretty close each time too and I don't have the skills necessary to be more aggressive and survive.

I'll probably give it a few more shots though I'm sure it will be another one that I end up skipping like Extremoth and AT Kulve Taroth.

Gevin

Watch Madoka
Nov 16, 2018
I've gotten to where I can run down the timer against the Ancient Leshen solo but I simply don't do enough damage because I'm playing it so safe.

What's frustrating is from what I've read I have to be pretty close each time too and I don't have the skills necessary to be more aggressive and survive.

I'll probably give it a few more shots though I'm sure it will be another one that I end up skipping like Extremoth and AT Kulve Taroth.

Same difficulty, just HP balanced

OP
MonthOLDpickle

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
It only had one more move and the HP is scaled to 4 regardless if solo. That is what I have discovered so far.

Thanks for that! :)

I plan to try a couple more times without the mod but it's good to know that I won't have to completely skip it.
Well from reading it doesn't make it easier. Unless you want to two man it with me.

Last edited:

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
It only had one more move and the HP is scaled to 4 regardless if solo. That is what I have discovered so far.

Well from reading it doesn't make it easier. Unless you want to two man it with me.
Sorry that I'm late responding to this! I wouldn't mind doing a two man and if anyone else needs some help I'm usually around. Again I'm not a great player so don't expect much. :)

However that mod was actually a huge help. It reduces the Leshen's HP just enough to make it doable solo. I was able to complete everything, even got lucky with 3 mutagen carves/rewards on my last kill.

That said it still took me 10 or so tries, around half of which I failed.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I was getting pretty miffed trying to fight regular Leshen. Even though I havent died against him it was still a pretty frustrating boss. I can't imagine how annoying Ancient Leshen is solo.

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
It gets a few new moves that are incredibly frustrating. Two of them especially so. I guess co-op the one isn't so bad since it's possible to be saved but solo it's a slow death unless you're full health with a lot of defense and even then you'll most likely get dropped right into a pack of jagras with low HP.

Reactions: Arsene

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
I don't think anything gets you banned in that game online. Maybe if you're reported enough, but I've seen much worse and Capcom encouraged modding iirc. As long as it doesn't ruin anybody else's fun.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I don't think anything gets you banned in that game online. Maybe if you're reported enough, but I've seen much worse and Capcom encouraged modding iirc. As long as it doesn't ruin anybody else's fun.
I hope so because I would be fucking pissed after all the hoops I had to get through to get the game lol

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Ive been using transmog for months and havent gotten banned. People even use game altering mods that make them one shot enemies and havent gotten banned. Even Capcom’s whole “we dont officially support mods so use at your own risk” statement was basically just “Do what you want just dont ruin the game for others online with them.”

I wouldnt recommend going online with mods that change your damage though because that shit ruins the fun for other people and if Capcom cracks down on mods those will be hit the hardest.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I uninstalled SpecialK since for some reason it wrecked the game's performance.

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Yep, Ryna nailed it. I should have been clearer with my original post about mods.

If you only plan to play online with friends then you're probably safe to use all the mods you want as long as they're okay with it. Otherwise, like Ryna recommended, try to keep damage modifying or other similar mods for solo/offline.

OP
MonthOLDpickle

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Finally killed it. How many more times do I need to now?

Need to find someone to use the mod with now.

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Finally killed it. How many more times do I need to now?
It will come down to luck mostly. For the weapons you'll need a total of 5 or 6 antlers which were the hardest for me to get. The rest of the materials seem to be pretty common so you should end up with a bunch.

I found Ciri's full set of armor pretty easy to get since the materials needed are mostly the common ones. The biggest issue will be how long it takes to get the 2 mutagen for the layered armors if you want those. And honestly I didn't even know the mutagen were a thing until I lucked into 3 of them on my final try like I said earlier.

And good job taking it down! :)

OP
MonthOLDpickle

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
I have to magenta and antlers galore. I kept breaking them ok failed attempts which your still get the bonus rewards even if you fail lol.

I need common parts. Are you going to be on in like an hour?

I uninstalled SpecialK since for some reason it wrecked the game's performance.
Yeah I am using some tweaked specialk version. It is why I haven't updated it lol.

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
Handler: It's emitting a great power

Time's Up

...That is, indeed, a great power.

---

Jesus Christ, that Ancient Leshen has more health than the damned Behemoth.

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Jesus Christ, that Ancient Leshen has more health than the damned Behemoth.
Ha! You're not wrong. I think I read it has roughly 15-20k more HP than Extremoth.

Using that mod Gevin posted earlier makes a big difference if you want to give that a shot. Still a tough fight but not "pull your hair out" frustrating anymore.

And if you do install the mod and still need a hand I can help out if you want.