Community Movies/Shows you have seen recently or looking forward to...

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I watched the Holdovers today. Very, very powerful movie which I totally did not expect. It's like, I was not watching a movie, but looking at three real people struggling in their lives. Superb writing and acting.

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
Man, that Rosemary's Baby cover is god awful to me lol. Great fuckin' film, though! I got to take pix of everything i've gotten in the last few months and post em...hope i can snap out of this funk soon and get to watchin' more films

Reactions: Stevey

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
I actually just watched The Fire Within: a Requiem for Katia and Maurice Krafft by Herzog. It was really, really good.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Watched Poor Things. What a weird movie. I don't love it, but I also don't hate it. Knew near nothing before going into the cinema, I was fascinated by the acting and scenery, but the movie did not touch my heart string. Certainly an unique take of a grow-up story, though.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Watched The Matrix Resurrections last night. I'm a huge fan of the original trilogy (including part 2 and 3) but this was just bad. Boring characters, boring dialogues, story made no sense, and the action scenes were filmed too messy so I couldn't even see what was going on. What a huge disappointment 😞

Reactions: Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I am very hyped towards Dune Part 2. One month to go at my place.

But I must not hype. Hype is the mind killer.

Last edited:
  • Toucan
Reactions: dummmyy and Stevey

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I went on youtube and this Japanese commercial of Dune started playing. The first line from the narrator is "The planet that human has never set foot on..."

WHAT. Please watch the fucking movie first before writing.

• Eyes

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Kinda surprised Oppenheimer won best picture at the Oscars. The movie was good don't get me wrong.... but it was very safe. Even by Nolan standards it was kinda just good. Very informative/political but not much more. This is the type of film that could have gone into more directions than it did. Especially with a long runtime like that.

I enjoyed Tenet a little more tbh. Just figuring that film out on the fly and what was happening was a lot more fun than a good chunk of Oppenheimer.

I haven't seen any of the other nominees yet so I guess there wasn't anything else special this past year.

You have to give Nolan his props tho. His filmography is really incredible. And very genre diverse. I still have Memento and Dark Knight at the top but the rest of his movies are always a good watch. Well made and everything.

Hopefully he keeps tackling other genres and doesn't go too soft/safe. He should do some epic horror movie next or do more crazy fantasy/SyFy.

Reactions: lashman and Stevey