Reviews My Summer Car

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
A game that keeps on giving me joy and the feel of success.

I've had so many hours of pure joy tackling this almost too realistic simulation of a life of a Finnish 18 year old in the 90's. The controls maybe a bit obtuse but the intricate mechanics while driving or doing other things make up for it. The graphics are definitely utilitarian (runs on a microwave) and the voice over is a bit hammy but it's there to give me the giggles 'cause it's pretty much how people speak here.

The game starts as your parents leave you alone in the house with a case of beer and a pack of sausage, you can start the game by trying to build your own SUMMER CAR or just cruise around with your moped looking at the marvelous scenery. After the case of beer and sausage are consumed you may want to head out to the nearest village using a boat, tractor or a van. There's no minimap or guides how to get there tho so you must rely on your wits in order to survive the perilous trip.

All in all I give the game a solid 5/7.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Finland Simulator 2018™ ;)

it is a pretty enjoyable game, though ... what i played of it, at least :p

Reactions: Kurt Russell
OP
Nahkapukki

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
It's a barrel of laughs and a tin can of disappointment and rage. :D
Post automatically merged:

Still bummed that my narration of the game didn't get in to the vid 'cause.... I HAD MUTED MY MIC!

Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
i can imagine ... well, there's only one solution i see now - you have to record a new one :D

OP
Nahkapukki

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
Goddamn... I feel like I should dust off the Fine Finns with my buddy. :D I think the last stream we did was us being drunk out of our skulls and watching Ebichu so there's not much huge expectations of us.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
at this point people only expect you to be Finnish on camera, i imagine ;) lol

OP
Nahkapukki

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole

Hmph... This was the only Finnish thing when using the gif thing. Yeah we have a word for every feeling. But the joke is... We can't feel anything.

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
I watched lots of videos about My Summer Car... It's super funny for sure... But for me more one of these "I have more fun watching than playing it games"

But I get that you as Finn has a special connection to it Nahkapukki

OP
Nahkapukki

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
You need to try it to sort of get the appeal.

You Germans have a lot of games dedicated to your culture but us Finns have only 2: My Summer Car and Angry Birds.