News Nintendo Direct (February 13 2019)

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
There was no thread for it and we need one, I want to gush about all the games! I only just watched the Japanese Direct, I don't know how the European and American may differ. Here are all of them, feel free to comment and post all the separate extended trailers, sidelined news or whatever else is fitting yourself:

Post automatically merged:

I'm totally gushing about Astrail Chain right now, it's probably the best thing to come out of the Direct if only because we had never heard about it before and had no idea anything like this was in the pipeline. Let's see if this Platinum collaboration finally pans out after the cancellation of other projects and recently how their work on the Granblue JRPG was finalized and the other studio took over. I have high hopes, it looks pretty damn amazing and fun. At first I thought it might be something Xenoblade/Monolith Soft related but then Platinum's trademark style was obvious and the Nier Automata similarities cemented it.

Astral Chain for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Game Details
I'm gonna have to get a Switch at some point since this is apparently in collaboration with Nintendo so it's not going to come to other systems (I think).

I'm not sure of all the names but Dragon Quest XI looked sweet and the addition of the 2D mode from the 3DS version is very nice to have, Bloodstained's trailer made it look really really good for once, the Doraemon Harvest Moon style game looked cute, the Square-Enix Action JRPG Oninake looked like fun, of course Fire Emblem continues to look promising, Daemon x Machina looked good (is Prototype Order the game's subtitle or is it Nintendo's take on Early Access, I didn't get that), the same goes for the Link's Awakening remake, the Yoshi game, Mario Maker 2, the new Chocobo's Dungeon, Deltarune Chapter 1, even Dragon Quest Rivals and Ultimate Alliance 3 look nice alongside lesser news like Captain Toad's co-op update and the Tetris 99 Battle Royale (haha).
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
OP
Alextended

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Added some more of the stand alone trailers in the OP but there were more games shown, some of them I mentioned in the OP. Oh, apparently the Tetris 99 battle royale thingie is free (to play?) and should be available on your Switch today, that's cool alongside the demos for Yoshi, Daemon x Machina and others, although initial impressions aren't the greatest, hopefully Daemon x Machina's full release eliminates the severe frame rate drops people discuss at least.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Added some more of the stand alone trailers in the OP but there were more games shown, some of them I mentioned in the OP. Oh, apparently the Tetris 99 battle royale thingie is free (to play?) and should be available on your Switch today, that's cool alongside the demos for Yoshi, Daemon x Machina and others, although initial impressions aren't the greatest, hopefully Daemon x Machina's full release eliminates the severe frame rate drops people discuss at least.
nice ... and good thread! :) you might want to consider adding a cover to it as well - if you want :D

(and speaking of covers - you might want to add one to your profile as well ... and a custom tag if you want :D)

Reactions: Alextended

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I've wishlisted Fire Emblem Three Houses, Rune Factory 5 and Astral Chain. Daemon x Machina looks interesting so I'll check out the demo later if I could. That Tokyo RPG Factory game looks pretty, but their previous games are middling at best so I'm kinda lukewarm towards it. Ritual of the Night I'll be getting it on Steam. I'm not too interested in the rest of the games shown.

Overall it's a pretty good showing. Normally I don't care about Direct, so it's my first one since I just bought a Switch during Black Friday last year.

Other than that, my wait for SMT V news is ongoing. :wd_suspicious:

OP
Alextended

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
nice ... and good thread! :) you might want to consider adding a cover to it as well - if you want :D

(and speaking of covers - you might want to add one to your profile as well ... and a custom tag if you want :D)
Just did :p

OP
Alextended

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Yes it's a lovely style that will let them keep the gameplay very close to the original and maybe they can use it for different Zelda remakes like the Oracle games, or a Zelda Maker at some point if their tools are simple like something like RPG Maker just with 3D graphics and assets instead of tiles and sprites.

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
Goddddddddddddddd I need the Link's Awakening remake so bad even if I don't like the art style. Astral Chain was definitely the highlight of the Direct. 3 Houses looked neat but it didn't really seem like a Fire Emblem game to me, honestly? Oninaki also looked good but Tokyo RPG Factory's stuff is apparently not that fun, so I guess I'll have to wait on impressions for that. Bloodstained looks less rough than I thought it would.

Other than that, my wait for SMT V news is ongoing. :wd_suspicious:
You and me both, dude. :crying-face:

Reactions: Kvik and lashman

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
Nice thread ;)

The Direct was ok, I am afraid that many release dates are subject to change. I don't think they will release Astral Chain in the middle of summer.