|OT| Nintendo Discussion Zone

BoosterDuck

One Foul Dude
Sep 20, 2018

Ah yes, Nintendo, the company responsible for having a huge hand in pioneering modern gaming and building the industry into what it is today. Known for popularizing innovative gaming setups like d-pad controllers, analog sticks, touch controls, motion controls, hybrid console gaming, etc. or crafting uniquely groundbreaking experiences like Donkey Kong Arcade, Super Mario Bros., Super Mario 64, Pokemon Red and Blue, Super Smash. Bros. Melee, Wii Sports, Breath of the Wild, etc. Not to mention having a roster of beloved characters known worldwide such as Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Link, Zelda, Pikachu, Tom Nook, Isabella, Kirby, Inkling, etc. A company so inventive that they've saved themselves from the brink several times in past decades to reclaim their throne as a gaming top dog.

Now reveling in the success of their newest hit, the Nintendo Switch. What surprises do the head honchos in their mushroom kingdom battle bridge have in store for their company to keep the hits coming? Well that's what we're here to see, so it's time.....

TO DO THE MARIO!

Last edited:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I discovered this Github repo yesterday. It contains a lot of 60fps unlock patches for many Switch games. Although most of these games are already on PC, there are a few patches for Switch exclusive games as well, which I think could be useful for some of us who values framerates over fidelity.

Obviously you'll need a Switch with CFW, but it's well worth the trouble.

IronSparkster202

When are we buying all the free pallets?
Dec 21, 2018
Yeah is nintendo online even worth paying for?

Kinda eyeing up Animal Crossing at the same time tho, Nintendo Online

may purchase Xenoblade Chronicles (the remake) 😳

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Yeah is nintendo online even worth paying for?

Kinda eyeing up Animal Crossing at the same time tho, Nintendo Online

may purchase Xenoblade Chronicles (the remake) 😳
Yes and no. I have it and I only have it because I have Amazon Prime and it was a Twitch Prime reward (a 12 month membership).

Out of all the games that I play, I mainly do online for Animal Crossing and that is so that I can visit other people and sell turnips and stuff like that (you can look up on reddit to see where to go and sell and stuff and make a pretty good return on your stuff.)

The issue is that Nintendo Online is not that great and lacks features. This is maybe part Nintendo Online/AC fault but it takes a long time just to visit another person and no one can do anything. It feels like a very outdated format that should not be a thing in 2020. But some of that may also be for safety reasons and do that peoples saves are in sync and don't get corrupted?

Animal Crossing is a good game and I would recommend it. But ya you will need Nintendo Online to get the most out of the game, you can still have fun on your own island but being able to connect online others can help you.

I have Xeno on pre-order but because I am getting the CE, I will not be getting it until July. If I could order the EU CE I would but sadly that does not look like a viable option. This sucks actually.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Xenoblade Chronicles DE dynamic resolution revealed: Handheld = 378p/540p Docked= 540p/720p
Come on Monolith, this is bad in 2020 even with Nintendo standard.

I mean I definitely didn't buy Switch for it's performance but 378/540p in 2020?

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
but 378/540p in 2020?
I don't think there's anything they could've done to keep an acceptable frame times without sacrificing resolution/fidelity. If we take a look at XB2, even with sys-clk overclock mod you can't have a constant 720p resolution in docked mode.

Still, I would be interested to see if the XB2 Graphics Mod can be ported over to XB DE, I'd like to be able to get rid of that aggressive sharpening, at least.

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
Metroid Prime Trilogy coming soon???
I bought a Switch at launch. The Mario game bored me so much that I can't even tell you its name without looking it up.

My kids love it, but I own a substantial Wii U library, so the Switch brings little new to the table.

I'd LOVE to get my hands on Metroid Prime 4. That's pretty much the only game I care about on that platform.

EdwardTivrusky

See You Hyper-Toxic Computer Cowboy
Dec 8, 2018
Slightly OT but Reggie Fils-Aime will be speaking with Phil Spencer tonight, i think?

7 part series for Charity.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I have a bunch of gold coins that I need to use before the end of june. Nothing that really want on the store, but currently aiming for Voez. Have been thinking about Fast RMX too, but not sure, never been into Wipeout games and heard it can be compared to those,

Rogue Agent

Takes too damn long to finish games
Apr 4, 2019
Can't wait to get back to Switch games. Too many games to play.

Rogue Agent

Takes too damn long to finish games
Apr 4, 2019
Probably only publicly sorry due to the class-action lawsuit. At least, that's what ti seems like but I hope the next Switch doesn't have these problems.

NarohDethan

日本語の学生
Apr 6, 2019
Probably only publicly sorry due to the class-action lawsuit. At least, that's what ti seems like but I hope the next Switch doesn't have these problems.
Yep, admitting fault opens the gate to lawsuits. Same thing with Microsoft, they would rather repair/replace your stuff for free than fight in court. And knowing Nintendo it is for the best, otherwise people would be granted a $3 discount coupon on 1-2 Switch.

Reactions: Rogue Agent