News Panzer Dragoon 1 and 2 remakes are in development

AxeVince

Dev of some games
Sep 6, 2018
Only ever played the demo of the first game back in the date on Saturn, would love to play the full game with up to date controls <3

Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Forever Entertainment SA - 'Panzer Dragoon: Remake' and 'Panzer Dragoon II Zwei: Remake'

Forever Entertainment together with SEGA Holding Co., Ltd. from Japan will co-create and publish Panzer Dragoon: Remake and Panzer Dragoon II Zwei: Remake. The premiere of the first part is planned before the end of 2019!

Panzer Dragoon: Remake is a refreshed version of Panzer Dragoon. The original version of the game had its premiere on the Sega Saturn console in 1995 and was well received by both players and critics. The entire Panzer Dragoon series has been repeatedly remade and released on many platforms. The last re-launch took place in April 2018 on Xbox One, where players can play Panzer Dragoon Orta with a backward compatibility. The new version of the game will be characterized by a completely new graphics compatible with today's standards and several modifications of the game, making it more attractive to modern players, while remaining faithful to the original in terms of story. The first materials from the game will be presented in the upcoming months!

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
Nice.

I know one of the games was available via backwards compatibility on XBOX, but I ended up selling mine.

Hopefully we see it on Steam.

Reactions: lashman

helloCLD

Dec 9, 2018
Buffalo, NY
hellocld.com
Very cool news, the original game is a blast. Not so sure how I feel about the "completely new graphics compatible with today's standards and several modifications of the game, making it more attractive to modern players" though. Fingers crossed for a "Saturn" mode option or something in addition to the new art/updated mechanics.