Community PC Gaming Highlights Aug '21 | Buck Up & Drive, Psychonauts 2, Dodgeball Academia, Age of Empires 3: African Royals

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Major appreciation to Mor who was immensely helpful in the preparation of these highlight threads.

No thanks to slandering silly billies who couldn't take up creating these threads themselves :sf_quackd:

These Highlight threads aim to showcase the various releases of the current month and releases that may have flown under the radar (of the previous month). The titles listed here vary from DLC/Expansions, to titles entering or leaving Early Access, as well as indie games.
These titles are listed as per their genre, so you can do a simple search for a basic genre term to find specific games that'd interest you

If there were any mistakes in the list, please let me know to fix it, but any titles not mentioned in the thread would be added to the next Highlight thread at the least.
Do consider wishlisting games that'd be of interest to you so you could pick them up in the future!

First are titles that don't have steam pages, or games that have received a major update
Mail Mole gets a new free expansion featuring extra levels
NEO: The World Ends With You
Buck up & Drive, an action racing game releases this August

Adventure

RPG

Action, Shooters and Stealth

Puzzle, Casual

Racing & Sports

Point n' Click, Visual Novels, FMV

Card centric

Strategy

Virtual Reality

Platformers & Auto-runners

Building, Management

Simulation

Typing games & Software

Horror

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Glad to see the thread back ♥♥♥

Great month too, for me right now it is Tetris Effect but I'm sure I will buy a few more things down the line hehe

OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Here's July's highlights as well

Adventure

Action

RPG & MMOs

Visual Novels, PnC and FMV

Puzzle, Casual, Rhythm

Simulation, Building and Management

Strategy

Platformers & Auto-runners

Virtual Reality

Sports & Racing

Horror

Shoot'em-ups and Twin Stick shooters

Deck builders and Card Centric games

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Insane month. Tons of interesting releases. My confirmed purchase would be Dreamscaper. Black Book and some others are also very tempting but money and time are limited, so they need to wait.

• Gib
Reactions: Mor and Tizoc

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
It looks like a really great month even tho for me it will only be tetris effect at this moment although Im sure I will buy a few more things at the end of the day ♥

Reactions: Cacher and Tizoc

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
There's too much stuff I want. This is a very real problem, but the even bigger problem is I haven't started the new Ace Attorney release.

• Gib
  • Comfy
Reactions: Cacher and Mor

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Btw, Foreclosed is not featured in the OP but I think it is worth a look. Animations seems a bit janky but the final product is pretty ambitious for an indie.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Oh, I didn't realize that Asha in Monster World came out. That price. :grimacing-face:

Added Eldest Souls to wishlist.
Also glad that The Forgotten City is finally out.

Reactions: Cacher