News Raycevick Documentary on Black and spiritual successor Bodycount

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
ohhh, sweet ... thanks Veggie! :)

and yeah - Black was sooooooo good (too bad it never made its way to PC :( sigh) ... too bad Bodycount sucked hard .... no wonder Black left halfway through development

Reactions: MegaApple

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
I love seeing some investigative work done here.

Black, despite it's flaws, is a crazy fun shooter.
I played it around the time Modern Warfare 2 came out, and I was actually disappointed with MW2, because Black had a much more strong impact.

Reactions: lashman

Kage Maru

Nov 1, 2018
Really good video. I had no idea Black had a spiritual successor.

Also glad to see his channel is continuing to grow. His work is excellent and he deserves the support.

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
I played Bodycount on PS3 and I think that it was a game that would have benefited from KB/M greatly. Otherwise, I agree with all the points Raycevick made in that video. Sadly, the next game that seemed poised to fill Black's shoes was also a failure (Enemy Front).

Eddoes&Yam

Signed up just for the custom tag
Oct 4, 2018
Absolutely loved Black but this is the first time knowing Bodycount is meant to be a spiritual successor, guess there's not much they can do with the series now.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Absolutely loved Black but this is the first time knowing Bodycount is meant to be a spiritual successor, guess there's not much they can do with the series now.
yeah, it was ... they were definitely talking about it evrywhere .... the fact that Black was working on it etc.

but then he left like halfway through development ... and no wonder - seeing how that game turned out

Englebert3rd

Likes obscure games.
Nov 2, 2018
United Kingdom
I've always wanted to pick Bodycount, but knowing that it isn't a critical success kind of ruined my opinion of it.
It's usually really cheap here, so I might give it a try one day.
Black is still a great FPS today for me.