News Red Faction Evolution might've just leaked

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I'd wondered if that was why you'd posted the image in the other thread, i'm always up for more Red Faction and i want to see Volition bounce back from Agents of Mayhem.

Reactions: lashman

ramoisdead

MetaMember
Nov 5, 2018
Surprised it wasn't leaked by Mark.

With that aside, maybe this will go back to the FPS days of RF1 and RF2?

Deleted member 113

I just reminded: we never got Red Faction: Battlegrounds on Steam.
Was it any good?

Aelphaeis Mangarae

MetaMember
Apr 21, 2019
Red Faction has been owned by THQ Nordic since 2013. THQN purchased Deep Silver in early 2018. Developer-wise, it's possible that Deep Silver licensed Red Faction from THQN so Volition could make it. I don't see a timeline where this game began development after the THQN Deep Silver buyout, so if Volition are making it, it predates the buyout. However, it's quite possible that this is being developed by a completely different studio, since signs do point to Volition working on Saints Row. The most likely outcome is that the game is being made by some indie developer, although there aren't a whole lot of indie developers capable of making Red Faction-style games around. I guess we'll find out for certain in two weeks, unless they push the reveal forward in response.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
It's so amazing how Nordic came out of nowhere and is actually continuing these great THQ franchises, first Darksiders now this (hopefully).

Reactions: Spamlynguist

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018
I don't know, don't like RF1 very much (especially stupid stealth sections), RF2 was ever worse and never played RFG or Armageddon..

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Well I'd prefer a TPS like Guerilla but I'm happy to see the series return even if it's an FPS.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
PLEASE BE REAL ^^
has to be ... they have like 5 billion games in development ... i refuse to believe a new Red Faction isn't one of them (especially after all those remasters :p)