Community Replacing Nintendo DS Lite screen

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Note: This is going to be an progress thread, will update the progress whenever there is something new to tell. I think the thread can be inspiring to others to also do something similar.

So the upper screen of my Nintendo DS is broken :frowning-face-with-open-mouth:. I was looking forward to play some portable games when I am not playing on the computer. It's very disappointing that this happened. Since I rarely used the DS from the time I purchased it more than 10 years ago.

So I decided to replace the upper screen with a replacement screen. I know it's not going to be easy, but it is possible. There are guides on how to replace the upper screen, although the guides are old. But the DS itself is old, so it doesn't matter.

I thought that a replacement screen would cost a fortune, but it's not. The top screen costs around 100 SEK ~ $11 with shipping included from ebay.
Also I need some tools that I don't have at home:
  • Phillips #00 Screwdriver
  • Tri-wing Screwdriver
  • Push Pin
  • Spudger
  • Soldering Station
I have no idea what those screwdrivers are, but I assume the store that I am going the tools from knows what they are :D I think the tools will cost around 200 SEK.
I will be buying the replacement screen and tools this week
Wish me luck. Any tips and suggestions are welcome

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Dude good luck! Screens on portable devices are hard to fix, good your found a cheap screen.

Reactions: lashman