Opinion Riding With Red Dead Online Role Players Was My Best Ever Multiplayer Experience - IGN

bbq of doom

MetaMember
Nov 16, 2018
Just read this article over at IGN and figured I'd share it. Stuff like this is really cool and I think it adds a depth to this hobby that all too often goes unnoticed.

The last time I rode into Valentine in Red Dead Online I was shot, tied up, stabbed, and shot again. Some days that’s life in Rockstar’s Wild West wonderland, where the atmosphere’s magnificent but the murder indiscriminate.

I tend to spend most of my time in Red Dead Online alone against the world; hunting, fishing, and simply surviving inside the simulation. Sometimes I can saunter into towns solo without incident but, unfortunately, things regularly go south faster than a stork strapped to a scramjet. That’s the risk you run riding alone.

Today, however, is different. Today, I’m not alone.
Riding With Red Dead Online Role Players Was My Best Ever Multiplayer Experience - IGN

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I really need to get back into RDR2 but i'd forgotten my main gripes with Rockstar is that the open world is fun but the missions are frustratingly linear and wind me up something chronic. I put RDR2 down after a session a few months ago and haven't gone back to it yet. I've no interest in the MP portion of the game but i've heard some great stories from people's time with it.

Reactions: dummmyy

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
I really need to get back into RDR2 but i'd forgotten my main gripes with Rockstar is that the open world is fun but the missions are frustratingly linear and wind me up something chronic. I put RDR2 down after a session a few months ago and haven't gone back to it yet. I've no interest in the MP portion of the game but i've heard some great stories from people's time with it.

I felt the same way about RDR2. I can't really put my finger on what it was that had me disliking my time with it. MP seems like a headache. I "share" an RDO account, as in someone else is interested in playing it on my PS4 and I am not. Now that I'm done with the SP campaign i find myself just hunting online.