Community Rig brag thread.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
It's nice to see all these Asrock boards here. When I built my PC and was asking questions about the brand over on Era everybody seemed to be using ASUS instead? I felt like Asrock was shady and to be avoided cuz nobody wanted to talk to me about them lol and kept recommending literally everyone else.

Still, I fell in love with the Asrock Taichi (Durante has Z390, mine is Z370), it's got a nice color scheme, the bios can be updated over internet, and it's really simple bios UI too. (But still very feature-rich.) So I'm glad I went with that in the end.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
This thread reminded me of the overclocking ladder thread we used to have back on GAF. Of course, Smokey's rig was always on top or very much near ito_O

Now, this is my rig.

Asus RAMPAGE V EXTREME Performance Results - UserBenchmark

Unfortunately, I can't beat Durante's rig. In my defence, I forgot to use the Maximum Performance power profile, and my CPU is almost 5 years old. Secondly, UserBenchmark doesn't seem to detect my other 1080Ti (I have two).

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
What mice do you guys and gals use?

I miss my Logitech G9x. It's difficult to come by at a reasonable price.

I currently use the Zowie FK1.
I use a ~10 year old Logitech G5 2nd gen. I love this mouse,
Had to repair it once and replace the feet twice, but I've been using it as my primary mouse at home for all this time.

(Not mine, mine looks a lot more used ;))

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Built my latest rig last night.

i9-9900k
Asrock Z390 Taichi
(hey this is the same as Durante's)
Noctua DH-15 HSF (had a DH-14 before)
a measly 16GB DDR4-3000 (I bought an extra 16, as I wanted to make sure my old rig was still operational)
EVGA 2080 (same one I had before)
EVGA 850W (I've had this one sitting in a box for 3 years)

I'm proud that the total build time was about 4 hours, which is fast for me. I mean my hands are Duke huej and it literally took me 15 minutes to plug in the power button, power LED, and reset connectors with a wide open case. The trick this time was planning ahead, like plugging in the CPU fans BEFORE installing the HSF.

I've always had weaker CPUs before this. Often a full generation behind (got a Pentium 2 when Pentium 3 was out, got a Core 2 Duo when Core 2 Quads and the first i* CPUs were out), etc. Literally never had a top of the line consumer CPU ever before.

Battlefield V runs so beautifully now. 1080p 60fps ultra RTX without breaking a sweat, and no more constant crashing.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Built my latest rig last night.

i9-9900k
Asrock Z390 Taichi
(hey this is the same as Durante's)
Noctua DH-15 HSF (had a DH-14 before)
a measly 16GB DDR4-3000 (I bought an extra 16, as I wanted to make sure my old rig was still operational)
EVGA 2080 (same one I had before)
EVGA 850W (I've had this one sitting in a box for 3 years)

I'm proud that the total build time was about 4 hours, which is fast for me. I mean my hands are Duke huej and it literally took me 15 minutes to plug in the power button, power LED, and reset connectors with a wide open case. The trick this time was planning ahead, like plugging in the CPU fans BEFORE installing the HSF.

I've always had weaker CPUs before this. Often a full generation behind (got a Pentium 2 when Pentium 3 was out, got a Core 2 Duo when Core 2 Quads and the first i* CPUs were out), etc. Literally never had a top of the line consumer CPU ever before.

Battlefield V runs so beautifully now. 1080p 60fps ultra RTX without breaking a sweat, and no more constant crashing.
so jelly :cry:

Matimeo

MetaMember
Oct 21, 2018
every other word in this thread makes no sense to me. You are all crazy.
All I know is I can now run ubisoft games. Oh and my mouse pad is soft and lights up different colors.
i think im doing ok!?

Ironically my dad worked with hardware back in the day when it took up a whole room. He worked for IBM starting in the 60s, I remember him bringing hardware stuff home as the personal computing industry started taking off. meanwhile i do not even like plugging in things, but Im a whiz once its all together ! lol.

and yes even at work i will wait until someone , anyone puts hardware together for me including monitors.
i am spoiled by great co workers past and present and friends who help guide me with stuff like this.

as far as a mouse i actually love the cheap smaller ones logitech makes but with my new gaming laptop , my 4k screen is too high res and those tend to lag, so I tried out the gaming mouse they make umm *staring at mouse bottom * says logitech G 305. Its fine but I wish they made a smaller version.

and no i was NOT born anywhere near the 60s and I was actually shocked IBM was even around then lol

Reactions: lashman

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
What mice do you guys and gals use?

I miss my Logitech G9x. It's difficult to come by at a reasonable price.

I currently use the Zowie FK1.
Went from Logitech MX 518 to Logitech G502 now to Logitech G304/305. This new logitech wireless technology is the best, no difference whatsoever with wired mouse. And for those that sceptical about moving on from MX 518 to G502, don't be. G502 may look weird, but it's as comfortable as MX 518. Plus the infinite scroll wheel, horizontal scrolling and the G shift button on the side are all really useful stuff. If they make a wireless version of it'll be my ultimate mouse for sure.

Stop buying games and start saving for a new pc :p

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman