News Risk of Rain 2 - releasing v1.0 on August 11th

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
I did. Two times, and died two times on the first stage. Third time it was better. I got to the third stage. After I died on the boss fights I felt that I should take a break. Now my arm feels a bit stiff. Not so used to 3rd person shooting :D
My left pinky isn’t used to ctrl key for running, so I’m a little injured as well... [OT] MetaOld - I suck at hard games and my body is stiff...

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
#Senpai Isn't Sprint a toggle? I'm sure i just tap it now and then rather than hold it down. I'll try both when i go in after the GBPax League of Heels stream.

SpectrumWarrior

Mods'R'us
Nov 1, 2018
Play on easy to unlock new characters, they have different archetypes, hover your mouse over locked characters to see the requirements (actually the last 5 ingame achievements).
The 3 first ones are easy and kinda fast to unlock, the last 2 will take more time: one of them requires 11 Lunar Coins (2nd currency you keep between games), the other to "finish" the game.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I'm liking this game way more than the first one so far. I have just been playing solo so far, but it's been a blast. It's also very easy to put in 40-50 minutes like no time has gone by. Single player games should take note.

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
I played randomly with some dudes (gender unknown). They were beast. I died like four times. However, we played well beyond an hour. Mercenary has been unlocked. Huntress is teh besss~!

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
Has anybody else had a first level without a teleport? Just happened to me tonight!

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I hit a 90 minute Mercenary run. Until we get an endgame (if we do), I’m pretty much trying to unlock things know. Artificer is my goal now.
The little I time played with the artificer I felt she was underpowered compared to the other characters.

Gevin

Watch Madoka
Nov 16, 2018
How do you deal with fire enemies though, they rekt you when they come in contact

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
The Mercenary is definitely a boss murderer if you keep your R to dodge AoE nonsense, you can just hop on top of them and chop away for days. Except Magma Worms... don't stand on those.

My brother and I got destroyed our first couple tries on normal, then looped twice our first try on easy. We did easy a couple more times to try out the characters we unlocked, and then had pretty good success on normal - I think they key is actually some of the items you unlock help a lot, as well as figuring out the finances of when to hit the teleporter to minimize time in the level and maximize opening loot.

Reactions: Guilty of Being

Kuroyume

Spokes for the Wheel of Torment
Oct 21, 2018
I still have yet to play the first one despite owning in it. Anyway, based on the reviews it looks like they successfully transitioned to 3D which is impressive.

Reactions: Guilty of Being

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
I still have yet to play the first one despite owning in it. Anyway, based on the reviews it looks like they successfully transitioned to 3D which is impressive.
I've only played a few minutes of the first, but I plan to go back know that I understand the game via playing RoR2.

Gevin

Watch Madoka
Nov 16, 2018
How do you get the portal to the lunar cave? I need to unlock the only character I have left...
Either get lucky with shrine of the mountain or spend a coin in the shrine of newt

When you beat the level a blue portal will appear right next to the tp

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Either get lucky with shrine of the mountain or spend a coin in the shrine of newt

When you beat the level a blue portal will appear right next to the tp
What exactly does the mountain thing do as I clicked them before and I see nothing different?

Gevin

Watch Madoka
Nov 16, 2018
What exactly does the mountain thing do as I clicked them before and I see nothing different?
Makes the boss stronger, (could mean more copies, modifiers, etc) with 2 possible effects when you win AFAIK:

• Double boss item drop
  • Opens a blue portal

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Makes the boss stronger, (could mean more copies, modifiers, etc) with 2 possible effects when you win AFAIK:

• Double boss item drop
  • Opens a blue portal
Ah okay..I spent liek 5 coins on those lunar things in levels and no portal =(

Gevin

Watch Madoka
Nov 16, 2018
Ah okay..I spent liek 5 coins on those lunar things in levels and no portal =(
There are 3 lunar things you can spend coins on:

-Lunar box: gives you a lunar item
-Shrine of Newt: opens up a blue portal after defeating the boss
-Shrine of Order: randomizes your items (seems to be skewed towards multiple copies of 2 or 3 items)

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

So, 650-150 freebies = half a million sales, roughly. Congrats to the devs for managing that on a shitty platform like Steam, on EGS they'd have doubled that!

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas

So, 650-150 freebies = half a million sales, roughly. Congrats to the devs for managing that on a shitty platform like Steam, on EGS they'd have doubled that!
Gospel.

Reactions: lashman

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018

Some cool points and update info for it.
Loved the first game and I am happy with how it got translated to 3d with it basically still having a year of development but the original game was still getting updates like 2years after launch
Keep in mind the Dev team is like 3 people as well

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

derFeef

Cthulhu dreams.
Apr 17, 2019
AUT
Huntress
○ Arrow Rain proc coefficient raised from 0.1 to 0.2 per tick.
Arrow Rain had a very low proc coefficient because of its AoE dot status, but it was unnecessarily low.
Nice. I felt Arrow Rain was a bit underpowered.

TheLetdown

A six-pack of letdown.
Oct 30, 2018
If I don’t come across a key for sale in the wild, I might look into just picking the game up and whipping myself for waiting until after the BOGO to buy it.

Absolutely loved the first one.

Frecklestein

Tender, Violent and Queer.
Oct 23, 2018
If I don’t come across a key for sale in the wild, I might look into just picking the game up and whipping myself for waiting until after the BOGO to buy it.

Absolutely loved the first one.
I was going to hold out too but it's $15 on CDKeys and I dont have any friends anyways

:dabblob: