News [RUMOR/LEAK?] Call of Duty: MW reveal May 30th at 6pm BST

Aelphaeis Mangarae

MetaMember
Apr 21, 2019
Yea, the consensus seems to me that they'll be announcing it on the 30th. I am very much looking forward to the reveal. I am a huge fan of Call of Duty campaigns. I think that more often than not, they deliver exceptionally good story-driven singleplayer FPS action. To the point that if they were branded literally anything else they would be gushed over. Modern Warfare, like Infinite Warfare before it, is literally made by senior Naughty Dog developers including the lead developer of The Last of Us, among others. But because they're branded Call of Duty, there's a stigma around them. And the multiplayer fanbase has created a certain... unrefined atmosphere around the series.

I hope Modern Warfare redefines what a Call of Duty game can be in a way that re-establishes the franchise's prestige. Word on the street is that this is a genuine shift for the series across the board. (Infinity Ward already made a solid attempt with Infinite Warfare's Wing Commander-esque campaign, even introducing elements like limb damage, non-regenerating health, and stuff like that, but it still hewed fairly close to the CoD4 formula under the skin.) Regardless, let's appreciate how good a Call of Duty reveal trailer can be.

C'mon, blow us away Infinity Ward.