Discussion Should I buy a Steam Deck or a Switch?

leonokarin

Aug 26, 2024
I want to buy a handheld console to play games while lying down. The Switch has some exclusive games, but I often play indie games like Darkchaser:Battletide and Astral Ascent, which are not available on Switch, so it seems that the Steam Deck might be more useful for me?

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I prefer the Steam Deck. A lot more games, a lot cheaper games, infinite backwards compatibility, free online gaming, mods and so much more. The track pads are also great for indie games made for the mouse.

• This!
Reactions: LEANIJA

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
The general rule of thumb is to go where the games you want to play are.
That being said, I'm not right now it's the best time to buy any of them as new hardware will probably be announced soon.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
I just use my phone to play games from my PC when I am in bed or out of town. You may have different experience but remote link play has saved me many times during boring ass Chinese New Year holiday, which is usually a week or more.

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
Steam Deck let's you play a huge amount of Steam games, the games are often cheaper on PC than Switch, and it can do a ton of emulation (including Switch emulation).

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
I have had steam deck for years and it is great, but I think if I was in the market now I would probably consider waiting for new gen. It is getting a bit long in the tooth for new big budget games.

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Solely going on how many times I've had to read "perfect for the Switch" I would have to go with the Deck.