News Skill Up - In Defence Of Darksiders 3: A Brief Review (2018)

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Game does't need a defense tbh.

It's fine as it is, even if it could be even better.

Reactions: lashman

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Darksiders series are safe and light gaming experiences. They make for a good 'your best friend/Significant Other's first video game'
DS2 is too long for its own good though :v

Darksiders 3 is in a state where its either love it or hate it, gameplaywise. The shaky performance on consoles isn't doing it ANY favours at all to boot.
I don't understand though how someone could say that the gameplay is a step back from its predcessors when it just seems to be on the same calibur of at least DS1. Granted the start may not be all that, but once you progress further you'll be seeing the puzzle and platforming that you would find with DS1.

Reactions: lashman and prudis
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Darksiders series are safe and light gaming experiences. They make for a good 'your best friend/Significant Other's first video game'
DS2 is too long for its own good though :v

Darksiders 3 is in a state where its either love it or hate it, gameplaywise. The shaky performance on consoles isn't doing it ANY favours at all to boot.
I don't understand though how someone could say that the gameplay is a step back from its predcessors when it just seems to be on the same calibur of at least DS1. Granted the start may not be all that, but once you progress further you'll be seeing the puzzle and platforming that you would find with DS1.
yeah, exactly .... it's not a 500h open-world live-service behemoth ... and that's GREAT!!! that's precisely why i love this game ... and i want more games like that!

and i don't see the $60 price tag as a bad thing either ... let's face it - AAA games stopped costing $60 a looooong time ago