News SOULCALIBUR VI - 2B Character Reveal Trailer

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

A new guest character will be joining the stage of history! Meet YoRHa No. 2 Type B from Square Enix's NieR: Automata. 2B and her dual blades, Virtuous Contract & Virtuous Treaty, are designed for combat against machine lifeforms, employing acrobatic leaps and mid-air slashes, lightning-fast evasions and perfectly coordinated strikes! She will be making her way to the #SOULCALIBURVI along with her own stage and background music.

DriftedPlanet

Ash, I think something was in those sandwiches
Oct 27, 2018
Yes!!! This looks fantastic. I'm not a big fighting game enthusiast but I've been starting to try them out and sc6 was a blast when I played it at my buddy's place. I'm a big fan of Nier Gestalt/Replicant, working on playing through Automata recently.

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Yes!!! This looks fantastic. I'm not a big fighting game enthusiast but I've been starting to try them out and sc6 was a blast when I played it at my buddy's place. I'm a big fan of Nier Gestalt/Replicant, working on playing through Automata recently.
Automata ... such a good game!

Reactions: JMTHEFOX

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
I rejoice as the number of 2Bs I'll see in ranked will now be a standardized character than a CaS midget nightmare.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I rejoice as the number of 2Bs I'll see in ranked will now be a standardized character than a CaS midget nightmare.
hahahahaha, yup :p

who do you think they'll add next? ;)

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Probably dumb shit like lizard man after the season pass started off with someone everybody wanted.
hopefully not ... Tekken's season pass was pretty good ... and the second one started strong as well

so maybe it's won't be too bad for SCVI either? ;)

DriftedPlanet

Oct 27, 2018
I still need to buy Nier Automata
do it ... ASAP!!! and play it
Also, it isn't like Gestalt/Replicant with the starting side quests. I was playing more of it with the gf yesterday and we had nitpicks with things for a while. We decided to stop doing sidequests for a bit to progress the story and almost all of our complaints have been fixed by the storytelling of the main plot and the newer plug-in chips. I'd still definitely say that, so far, Gestalt/Replicant put way more effort into impactful sidequests but progressing in the story (still run A) has shown much more to the game than the earliest parts of run A were revealing.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Also, it isn't like Gestalt/Replicant with the starting side quests. I was playing more of it with the gf yesterday and we had nitpicks with things for a while. We decided to stop doing sidequests for a bit to progress the story and almost all of our complaints have been fixed by the storytelling of the main plot and the newer plug-in chips. I'd still definitely say that, so far, Gestalt/Replicant put way more effort into impactful sidequests but progressing in the story (still run A) has shown much more to the game than the earliest parts of run A were revealing.

yeah, that's true ... you might as well save sidequests for your second run

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
hopefully not ... Tekken's season pass was pretty good ... and the second one started strong as well

so maybe it's won't be too bad for SCVI either? ;)
I dunno, Tekken's season pass started off pretty strong with Geese mothafuckin' Howard ... then we got Noctis. Season 2 started with Anna, but then we found out we're getting Negan. 2B is a really strong start for SCVI, so I expect nothing but disappointment now.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I dunno, Tekken's season pass started off pretty strong with Geese mothafuckin' Howard ... then we got Noctis. Season 2 started with Anna, but then we found out we're getting Negan. 2B is a really strong start for SCVI, so I expect nothing but disappointment now.
nah, i'm sure it'll be fine :p you'll see

RexNovis

RAWR
Oct 24, 2018
Yes this is definitely gonna sell a few copies to folks who aren’t really into fighting games. Good choice for a guest character. Also gives them an excuse to use some music from the greatest game soundtrack of the past decade soooo wins all around

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Yes this is definitely gonna sell a few copies to folks who aren’t really into fighting games. Good choice for a guest character. Also gives them an excuse to use some music from the greatest game soundtrack of the past decade soooo wins all around
can't argue with that :p and besides - people were already making 2B in the character creator anyway :p so might as well give everyone the official version :D

DriftedPlanet

Oct 27, 2018
can't argue with that :p and besides - people were already making 2B in the character creator anyway :p so might as well give everyone the official version :D
Sorry guys, Nier Gestalt/Replicant (2011) has an even better soundtrack :p Automata's selection is still amazing though.

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
I fought a 2B CaS online the day SCVI came out. They're giving people what they want for this game at least. I mean, kinda, because I still have to deal with CaS in ranked. I'll rephrase that, they're giving people who bought the season pass what they want. Going by my Steam activity, it's a lot of people. The day they announced 2B I saw a lot more season passes bought. People know they'll sell her separately, right?!

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I fought a 2B CaS online the day SCVI came out. They're giving people what they want for this game at least. I mean, kinda, because I still have to deal with CaS in ranked. I'll rephrase that, they're giving people who bought the season pass what they want. Going by my Steam activity, it's a lot of people. The day they announced 2B I saw a lot more season passes bought. People know they'll sell her separately, right?!
i imagine people are just expecting the other characters to be equally good ... or something ... dunno :p