News SOULCALIBUR VI - Launch Trailer

Deleted member 113

I'm really looking forward to it!
So much, in fact, that I pre-ordered the PC version months in advance. :)

I spend countless hours playing the first Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast (and a bit of Soul Edge on arcades), but besides Soul Calibur 2 on the Gamecube, I pretty much haven't played a single entry since then, partially because I've made the PC my sole gaming platform in recent years. I did own an Xbox 360, and I bought Soul Calibur 4, but after barely playing the game, my 360 broke down (those wonderful red rings), and it has been stuck in a box ever since.

I'm hopeful that, since the game is supposed to retell the story of the first game, that the awesome soundtrack of that game makes a return in some form.
That, and I'm hoping either of the single-player modes is as good as Mission Battle from the first game, ideally with plenty of unlockables to keep me busy.

I might be strange, but for me personally, the appeal of Soul Calibur is purely as a single-player game. I consider the original game as a bit of an adventure game, that so happens to have the combat systems of a fighting game.

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
yeah, also looking forward to it ... i never really had a chance to play any of the previous games for longer than a few minutes here and there because they were never on PC before now .... so i'm extremely happy this one is coming to PC and seriously can't wait to get my hands on it :D

Reactions: Deleted member 113
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
well he's not in there just yet ... maybe one of the DLC characters, we'll see

Reactions: Weerez

Weerez

Hello, I'm here, I'm waiting
Sep 20, 2018
well he's not in there just yet ... maybe one of the DLC characters, we'll see
I hope so, but to be completely honest, I don't think Necrid has a very good chance of returning to the series. I think he was just a cool one shot character to collaborate with Todd MacFarlane. The licensing issues would make things a hassle, and it doesn't help that he's one of the most polarizing SC characters. Many fans (intellectuals such as myself) believe he's one of the best additions to the series due to being a big, strong character that's also fast with a badass design and unique fighting style, while just as many fans hate him because of just how jarring and out of place he is in the SC universe. So probably not likely to return any time soon. Still, a man can dream, right?

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
yeah, if he only appeared once then he's probably not coming back, sadly :( unless he was in 5 then i suppose there's a small chance he might

Weerez

Hello, I'm here, I'm waiting
Sep 20, 2018
yeah, if he only appeared once then he's probably not coming back, sadly :( unless he was in 5 then i suppose there's a small chance he might
Yeah, his only appearance was in Soul Calibur 2.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
yeah ... in that case - proooobably not coming back, unfortunately