|OT| Spectator Mode Podcast - A Podcast Covering A Variety of Gaming Topics

Shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Apr 28, 2019
www.theouterhaven.net
** Under Construction **
Saving this space for later. However, this will be for my team's weekly podcast called "Spectator Mode Podcast". Since I"m still working on getting it all prettied up, but in a nutshell, we cover weekly news and topics within the gaming industry. Then we discuss them in an "orderly" roundtable discussion. We're still in a growing phase, and we're still trying to find our voice and niche. Still, we can do that without feedback, which I'm hoping we'll get plenty of here.

The entire team has been recording podcasts for a while and we wanted to do something a bit more formal For now, I'll just post the episodes we posted on YouTube or you can see the entire list of shows over at Spectator Mode Podcast .

We record every Friday at 8 PM ET, and we've recently started live streaming the show on YouTube. We're looking at also streaming to Twitch and Mixer as well. Why not come on through, we'd love to take your questions or your take on things.

Below is a collection of all our recent shows. Check them out, and comment. Feedback is important and we love to hear what you think about the show.

Episode #1

With recent ongoings with Activision Blizzard, we look at the status of the company. Both recent layoffs and what’s possibly in store. Then we switch gears and talk about everyone’s favorite rumor (that’s not a rumor?) of Microsoft’s Xbox Game Pass heading to the Switch and other platforms. Finally, we close it out with the talk of two Xbox consoles possibly being revealed at E3 2019.

Episode #2
  1. Pokemon Sword and Shield has been announced and it’s going to be the first Pokemon game ever for two of the hosts. Why are they excited about this game?
  2. Blizzard tries to keep their card game, Hearthstone, afloat by changing up things with “The Year of the Dragon“. Our resident Hearthstone expert breaks it all down.
  3. We discuss our Dead or Alive 6 review, as well as touch base on the DLC issue plaguing the launch.
  4. Speaking of DLC, we’re old. So we talked about the state of DLC, microtransactions and try to make sense of it all.
  5. All of us were big World of Warcraft players that have long since retired. However, with a new challenger, Pantheon, being worked on. Could this lore us back to the MMO scene?

Episode #5

1. Keith’s not to thrilled with his recent experience with the United States Postal Service
  2. Our thoughts and impressions of The Division 2
  3. Recapping the recent Mortal Kombat 11 announcements and which characters we want to return
  4. Google promises to change the way we game with Stadia, but we’re not completely sold on it

Episode #6
  1. Games that we’ve been playing or looking forward to playing
  2. Borderlands 3 announcement
  3. Keith’s really excited about Apple’s new gaming service, Apple Arcade
  4. Valve’s got a new VR headset coming out and somehow we end up talking about VR Recent
  5. EA Layoffs and the start of the industry. Are influencers the future?

Episode #7
  1. Games we’ve been playing.
  2. Recapping the Borderlands 3 release date news
  3. Ubisoft kills off the Starlink toy production.
  4. Easy mode, “git gud” mentality and it’s toxic behavior. Should games have an easy mode and why we feel the whole “Git Gud” mentality is toxic and doesn’t help anyone.

Episode #8
  1. Recent News: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order announced, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice sells over 2 million copies,
  2. Yakuza Kiwami 2 coming to PC.
  3. Acer has a super sweet 4K HDR 144Hz monitor and it’s releasing this Summer.
  4. Blizzard has released new updates for Hearthstone and World of Warcraft. Changes for the latter that could get people back into the game.
  5. Keith chats about the new Microsoft Windows 10 Game Bar. He seems to like it.
  6. Kitana and more Mortal Kombat 11 talk
  7. Main Topic: Does cheating ruin the gaming experience and make you a weaker gamer

Episode #9
  • Dreams from Media Molecule is out via early access and we’re loving it.
  • Is E3 possibly leaving the Los Angeles Convention Center? Or perhaps the state altogether?
  • The Xbox One S All-Digital has been announced, but is it worth it?
  • Sega has announced 10 more games for the Sega Genesis Mini.
  • Capcom’s Home Arcade is not only ugly but apparently, it violates Finalburn Alpha’s licensing agreement?
  • Main Topic: The next-generation PlayStation specs were announced, are we impressed and what price do we think this console is coming in at?

Episode #10
  1. What games have we been playing / what are we looking forward to this month
  2. Epic Games purchases Psyonix and the internet is pissed.
  3. Should reviewers be good at videos or just knowledgeable?
  4. Reports of Netherrealm Studios working people like slaves and the state of game development

If you listen to any of the shows, please provide some feedback. We really want this to grow and we're fully committed to making this work. Thank you!

** Under Construction **
Saving this space for later.
Saving this space for later - 2

Last edited:

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I'll try to check s9me episodes later, currently I have a lot of podcast to catch upon.