Community Spider-Man: Far From Home Official first trailer and poster.

SpikeHitman

Bad Framerates, Bad Opinions
Sep 20, 2018
I really ought to sit down and watch Homecoming some time. I own it, I just haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

Reactions: lashman
OP
SaviourMK2

SaviourMK2

A Kamen Rider just passing through
Jan 1, 2019
I really ought to sit down and watch Homecoming some time. I own it, I just haven't gotten around to watching it yet.
It's pretty good, not the best (but thats my opinion), I'm more of an Amazing Spider-Man. My gripe with the new Spider-Man stuff seems to be nothing is invented by Peter himself, it's all from Stark.

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
Gotta be honest, after seeing Spider-Verse, that trailer doesn't excite me that much. There’s so much about this version of Spidey that just isn’t doing it for me, and ultimately he kind of just feels like a blase New York teenager.

Maybe it’s just my age or my stage in life, but recent Peters have been way more interesting and relatable to me. Jake Johnson’s fat, divorced loser in Spider-Verse and Yuri Lowenthal’s veteran researcher-hero that has rent problems in Spidey PS4.

Even Miles’ Spidey with his struggles between his charter school, his multicultural background and the sociopolitical struggles of non-white New Yorkers is way more authentically “Spidey” than whatever this...is.

It’s not Spidey until you beat him down and make him rise to the occasion. Maybe they’ll do more of that in this one.

OP
SaviourMK2

SaviourMK2

Jan 1, 2019
Gotta be honest, after seeing Spider-Verse, that trailer doesn't excite me that much. There’s so much about this version of Spidey that just isn’t doing it for me, and ultimately he kind of just feels like a blase New York teenager.

Maybe it’s just my age or my stage in life, but recent Peters have been way more interesting and relatable to me. Jake Johnson’s fat, divorced loser in Spider-Verse and Yuri Lowenthal’s veteran researcher-hero that has rent problems in Spidey PS4.

Even Miles’ Spidey with his struggles between his charter school, his multicultural background and the sociopolitical struggles of non-white New Yorkers is way more authentically “Spidey” than whatever this...is.

It’s not Spidey until you beat him down and make him rise to the occasion. Maybe they’ll do more of that in this one.
You should hear pat the NES Punk rip this version of Spider-Man from head to toe.

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
You should hear pat the NES Punk rip this version of Spider-Man from head to toe.
I don't watch Pat really, but I thought I remembered seeing videos or tweets by him saying that he liked Homecoming.

Did his opinion change with this Far From Home trailer?

OP
SaviourMK2

SaviourMK2

Jan 1, 2019
I don't watch Pat really, but I thought I remembered seeing videos or tweets by him saying that he liked Homecoming.

Did his opinion change with this Far From Home trailer?
It can be summed up as he doesnt like that Peter in the MCU is always looking for approval from people (Stark in particular) as opposed to being confident, cocky and self assuring when he puts on the mask, which is how he acts when he's Spider-Man, where as movie Spidey got chastised by Stark, original Spidey would've gotten pissed and Webbed Stark up and tended to butt heads with people who rubbed him the wrong way (Daredevil, the Fantastic Four, etc).

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
It can be summed up as he doesnt like that Peter in the MCU is always looking for approval from people (Stark in particular) as opposed to being confident, cocky and self assuring when he puts on the mask, which is how he acts when he's Spider-Man, where as movie Spidey got chastised by Stark, original Spidey would've gotten pissed and Webbed Stark up and tended to butt heads with people who rubbed him the wrong way (Daredevil, the Fantastic Four, etc).
After you said this I listened to his podcast from today about this, and yeah that's a solid explanation of some of what I dislike about him.

It really sounds like Pat has had a huge turnaround from liking him in Civil War to being solid with him in Homecoming to finally disliking him in Far From Home. My turn to dislike was way faster personally (liked CW; thought SMH was bad; think SMFFH looks awful) but it's pretty interesting that someone else who loves Spidey has turned on him that much.

I was thinking about it earlier today, and while I've had people tell me that it must be my dislike of the high school setting, it's not even the setting that grates on me. I do prefer his ESU and post-grad storylines, but I loved Ultimate Spidey and that's a distinctly high school Peter. And of course Miles is still in secondary education, and he's great too.

Eh whatever, it's not for me I guess, and that's fine. Not worth belaboring the point too much.