News Starbreeze office raided for insider crimes

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
All the sources are in Swedish, but it looks like one person has been arrested for insider trading, and computers are being seized from their offices.

Razzia mot spelföretaget Starbreeze

Glad Dead by Daylight devs managed to buy themselves out of Starbreeze's clutches, so they don't have to deal with this.

Reactions: lashman

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Wow, I can get that being a serious crime but does it really warrant a raid? Though when I think raid I think 'american swat team crashing in with rock music in the background' :X

OP
sauce

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
Think they did it so they could get a hold of their computers so they don't get rid of incriminating evidence.

The "raid" actually looks like this lol:

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
They just filed for reconstruction and will likely go bankrupt.

Think it's fair to say, just by sheer IP and workforce some publisher is going to snag them up.
THQ Nordic is buying like crazy these days.

Eriugam

Premium Title
Nov 6, 2018
United Kingdom
They just filed for reconstruction and will likely go bankrupt.

Think it's fair to say, just by sheer IP and workforce some publisher is going to snag them up.
THQ Nordic is buying like crazy these days.
Can only see THQ Nordic going for the IP if no-one buys it initially. Overtime it will reduce in value, that's when THQ will buy

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
yeah, they're fucked ....

sad, though ... how you go from Chronicles of Riddick and The Darkness .... to this :(
It's a shame, but who knows who has left since then or how management shifted. Well, we can see how management shifted at least if they're in deep financial shit.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It's a shame, but who knows who has left since then or how management shifted. Well, we can see how management shifted at least if they're in deep financial shit.
yeah, i suppose you're right

still - sad

OP
sauce

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
I think most of the darkness/riddick guys left for machine games