News Steam Deck , handheld by Valve - announced for December 2021

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Is that an ingame cutscene? The black bars seem a bit bigger than I would expect if it was just a 720p image being rendered on the 800p screen.
Yes, If I'm not mistaken that's an in-game cutscene, don't know if the game adds black bars to the game at that resolution.

MomoVideo

Apr 5, 2021
I hope someone translates it, because it looks like an interesting read.

Also, I may be wrong, but I think I have noticed a small difference in UI compared to the last time we have seen it ( when the press was invited to Valves headquarters). In quick settings, the tabs are vertical on the side compared to being horizontal on the bottom of the screen. That's probably why Valve doesn't want devs to show the UI, because it's still not final.

EDIT.2
You can get the gist of it with google translate, the most interesting stuff is about performance and battery life. From the Steam Deck subreddit:
Beat me to it!

Last edited:

Alexandros

MetaMember
Nov 4, 2018
I hope someone translates it, because it looks like an interesting read.
You can get the gist of it with google translate, the most interesting stuff is about performance and battery life. From the Steam Deck subreddit:

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Preset high graphics settings :Average 36fps

After lowering some graphics settings , Stable 60 fps

DOOM ( Sorry, I’m not a fan of the Doom series, I don’t know which one it is.You can click the website below to have a look )

In advanced mode, set the game quality to medium: 60 frames up and down

After the picture quality has been improved a bit, the frame rate of the game has also dropped to 46 frames

Cyberpunk 2077

Set graphics quality to high: The number of frames fluctuates from 20 to 30 frames

After about three hours of playing, the power of SteamDeck dropped from 100% to 46%.The temperature on the back of the back is around 42.6°C, while the temperature at the grip is around 29°C

DOTA2 (okay...)

The frame number of "DOTA2" in the highest image quality is about 47 frames
The number of game frames in low image quality can reach about 80 frames

In the course of the game experience, only "Cyberpunk 2077" crashed halfway once, and it was very stable in other games.

Reactions: MomoVideo

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
That battery life is wrong lol

as madjoki pointed with a pic, it says "00:58 minutes remaining" so time should be around 2-3 hours with Cyberpunk 2077 (which is still impressive)