News Steam Link App Finally Available on iOS and tvOS

Nzyme

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2018
Nearly a year after Apple suddenly rejected Valve's Steam Link App and subsequently revised its App Store rules - today, the Steam Link App is finally available on iOS and tvOS.

‎Steam Link

For those unaware Valve has had a feature known as "in home streaming" since 2013 where any machine could stream your Steam / PC games / applications on your local network.
Steam Link was a hardware solution to utilise this feature on a TV or other device you wanted to stream Steam to.

More recently, Valve expanded the service to work - anywhere - via their data centers

Today in the Steam Client Beta, "In Home Streaming" has been renamed "Steam Remote Play".
The feature remains free and works between Steam Clients on Windows, Mac and Linux with any Apple, Android, Raspberry Pi or TVs that have the Steam Link App

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Not directly related to this, but I just got a new phone and I've been looking for a good bluetooth controller for Android. Anything that works with this and Dolphin anyone would recommend?

Nabs

Hyper-Toxic, Pro-Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Out of nowhere. Awesome. 👍🏾

Not directly related to this, but I just got a new phone and I've been looking for a good bluetooth controller for Android. Anything that works with this and Dolphin anyone would recommend?
The Steam Controller :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

TheLetdown

A six-pack of letdown.
Oct 30, 2018
Just saw this after having been checked out all day yesterday...

Is this just a mirror image of why you’re computer is running the way the Steam Link is, where minimizing BPM brings up your regular desktop?

Also, there’s no way that touch controls still work, right? Because that would be huge for visual novels and turn-based RPGs like Battle Chasers Nightwar.

daxy

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
What has changed since the rejection? Just wonder. Have Valve removed the access to the Steam Store in the Steam Link app? Or did Apple let it pass?
It's as you expected. No store access. You can only go into your library. Community, web browser, and chat are missing as well.