Community Steam Summer Sale Purchase Suggestions

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Figured I could get a thread on this started even though Steam is dead at the moment. What are some games that are currently on sale that you love and want more people to experience?
Great work! :minos_cozy:

I'd also like to add that also post games/steam packages/bundles that will go away soon.
For Example :
  • Rocket League is rumored to be removed from Steam and moved over to EGS because of Epic's purchase of Psyonix.
  • There was a package called Nordic Games Classic Mix which was a convenient package for old THQ games. But it was removed later on for no reason
  • There was also Endless Legend Collection which was a package of all EL DLCs in one place for a small price (and if you are a non-US citizen, much cheaper than the current BUNDLE version)

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
Does anyone know what's the deal with constructor plus?
Regular game is full price, but there's a bundle for less?
In the description:
To thank all our loyal fans we are happy to unveil the Constructor Plus loyalty bundle. This bundle is a special gift to fans of 2017's Constructor HD that allows them to purchase the sequel, Constructor Plus, at a special discount of 50% off the regular price!

We do not recommend purchasing this bundle if you do NOT already own our previous game released in 2017, Constructor HD. Constructor Plus is a stand-alone product which does not require the original Constructor HD to run.
I don't get it? You can buy it for less than the base price of plus? (at least during this sale, since with 50% off I think it's the same?)

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
My go-to, every steam sale:

Learn just how weird and out there the developers of Pathologic2 really are in this... um... purgatorial first person resource management action adventure

Last edited:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Falcom Shillers Assemble!

The start of something great is always rather quiet and unassuming. Plenty of great characters and second-to-none worldbuilding to be found.

One of the best games Falcom ever made, its approach to level design has been imitated by plenty of other games since, including Dark Souls.

A very charming adventure with all the trappings of Falcom's famous game design. Controls may not be as tight as modern Ys games, but it's still challenging.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
If you're into low key city builders - this is a steal. Steampunk theme and art style are excellent:

If you'd rather kill the people in your pixel city, this is also a steal:

Stunning visually, great tutorials, possibly my favorite fighter ever, style and substance:

Old school steam here, but it's one of the best metroidalikes ever made:

Capy's masterpiece:

Overlooked too hard game. I never got very far with it, but I enjoyed the hell out of it:

Not on sale, but if you like management games in extreme detail and automated crafting, it's worth the asking price:

Great game if you A. liked SimTower in ancient times, and B. want a really calm and simple antfarm to manage.

C'mon. This is so underrated it's shameful:

Twin stick shooter that I'm horrible at. Total steal here:

Part shmup part tower defense. I had a lot of fun with this:

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Hmm Dark Souls Remastered is just 3.99€ for me (probably because I already own the original). I don't plan to play it again, but hey 4€...
I think I'm going to get Yakuza 0 and give it a try and if I like it I'll get Kiwami too. That's the second part, right?

Games I'd like to recommend:

It's a bit cumbersome, but it is very interesting. Imagine a standard fantasy settings where the evil overlord won. Imagine you are his right hand and main enforcer. Are you evil, or are you just trying to prevent even worse outcomes?

It's a well made, isometric Baldur's Gate style RPG. It's even using the D&D rules. The twist is: You are not just exploring, building your party, solving quests and trying to keep everything going. You are also ruling over the land and building your own kingdom and city.
In a way it is Neverwinter Nights 2, with better characters and deeper "kingdome" mechanics.

Deleted member 113

Does anyone know what's the deal with constructor plus?
Regular game is full price, but there's a bundle for less?
In the description:

I don't get it? You can buy it for less than the base price of plus? (at least during this sale, since with 50% off I think it's the same?)
Constructor Plus isn't a new game, it's an enhanced version of Constructor.

That bundle was created as a way to provide a discount for those who own the original version of the game, and may want to upgrade (through it, we get a 50% discount on Constructor Plus by buying that bundle), but they messed up pricing it, because it ends up being cheaper for someone who doesn't own the game to buy the Constructor + Constructor Plus bundle, than simply buying Constructor Plus.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

From the Luna Night team, another fantastic metroidvania.

If there's one classic VN (no minigames or interactivity like Ace Attorney or Danganronpa) you play in your life, make it this one.

Save 49% on Miwashibundle on Steam

3 fun and very good adventures (for me it's LiEat > 1bitHeart > Alicemare)

Adventure with some puzzles that will make you cry.

Chrono Trigger-ish western made indie JRPG with a damn amazing combat system.

Vanillaware-ish side scrolling Action RPG

Really good action platformer adventure.

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Anyone ever wanted to learn about cryptography? Ever wanted to know how the Enigma Machine worked and then try to solve codes written in it without actually having the machine but instead relying on your mind (and pen and paper)? This could largely work as just a series of worksheets as it being an interactive game is largely needless but it has great presentation and it's just a damned good time:

P.S. And it's from the Hexcells fellow. You know he's solid.

More P.S. I might as well link his follow up to Cypher which is even more impossible but equally just as unique and neat:

Deleted member 113

For those who enjoy adventure games, you may want to give a look at this release (which is actually a 4 game pack):

This game is a 3rd person point and click game, but the 3 previous entries (Shadows of the Servants, Beyond the Spirit's Eye, and Tomb of Zojir; all first person games, in which you move from screen to screen) are also included with it in the game's folders, and are all DRM free.
Funnily enough, I'm yet to play Society of the Serpent Moon, but I played the previous entries, and they are very enjoyable.

For the asking price, it's certainly not a bad deal (I believe I paid $20 for a DVD (or was it CD?) copy of one of the previous entries, so Steam definitely ends up being a very nice deal. ;)
It's not for everyone, but if you enjoy adventure games, and can tolerate older games, you can do a lot worse.

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
Thanks FunktionJCB for this one. Looks zany.

Thanks Wildebeet . Too cheap NOT to buy!

Also, this reminds me of a more intense Zombies Ate My Neighbors. Will check it out.

My recommendations:

A fantastic shooter with a pretty tight OST. I put 100 hours into this game.

Thus far, the definitive Afro-Fantasy video game. It's a DBZ meets Avatar, where you don't have to settle for Piccolo as the only "black" character. Developed with pride in Cameroon.

Hard-as-nails RTS. I put 100 hours into this game while it was still in Early Access. They are currently tuning the campaign due to the mixed reviews, but it's still VERY POSITIVE!

An indie Real Time Tactics game with AAA production value. Voice acting is trash but everything else is stellar. Recently released what I call the Kingdom of Heaven DLC.

The best VR game I have played so far. A "bullet hell" shooter that requires you to move your whole body to dodge shots. It's the closest to Nick Arcade yet.

The definitive VR ninja game. Weapon arsenal is insane. Go in with traditional ninja weapons like shuriken, katana, or bows and arrows, or high-tech rifles and grenades, or a mix of either/or!

I need to stop now, because I'd be making a list of 100 games.

MegaApple

Sep 20, 2018
Suggestions for a AAA/big name game.
Regional pricing is a b*tch in India so some games are exorbitantly expensive, so help me decide. My budget is Rs. 4000. I have few games locked in like Rocket league, FF8, AOE 2 DLC, AOE 3, Guild Wars trilogy and Slap City (plus some small DLC).
This leaves me with effectively with Rs. 3000 (less actually).

Help me decide :
  • Devil May Cry 5 Deluxe : Rs. 2910
  • Resi 7 Gold : Rs. 1274
  • Monster Hunter World : Rs. 1274
  • Evil Within 2 : Rs. 840
  • Final Fantasy XV Complete: Rs. 1728
  • SoulCalibur 6 : Rs. 1257
  • Any other big budget game/demanding single player game that you can think of

MegaApple

Sep 20, 2018
My suggestion, but only those games? Nothing CRPG wise?
As I said, mainly the AAA mainstream ones.
I have plenty CRPGs, and ones I want like DOS2, Pathfinder, Kingdom Come will have better deals later on.
One of the most underrated horror point & click adventures with an amazing soundtrack to boot:
I can vouch for Last Door. Really neat game.

FunnyJay