|OT| Summer Games Done Quick - June 23-30

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018

Summer Games Done Quick is starting tomorrow. If you're unaware it's a week-long event where speedrunners gather to play through games typically as fast as possible and earn donations towards Doctors Without Borders. Summer Games Done Quick is the smaller of their twice a year large events. And by the smaller of the two I mean last year it only brought in $2.1 million vs the $2.4 million Awesome Games Done Quick brought in this year.

Expect plenty of awkwardness, silliness, and generally good-natured game playing. And if you're up for it donate and help out a good cause (and maybe get your name and comment read live...yay?).

Main page - Games Done Quick

Schedule - Games Done Quick

There are apparently panels this time? ? SGDQ 2019 Panels I'm assuming they'll be on the stream

List of prizes - Prize Index -- Summer Games Done Quick 2019

Bid wars - Bid Index — Summer Games Done Quick 2019

Official YouTube Videos On Demand (VODs) (check out past years' runs while you wait) - Games Done Quick

Another VOD site that may update quicker than the official YouTube link above - GDQ VODs

Reddit VOD page (usually updates quickest) - Reddit Link

Last edited:

SRossi

regretten? rien!
Dec 9, 2018
what? a minceraft run? i wasn't aware they are doing minecraft speedruns now. well, the last time i played the game it didn't have a structure whatsoever so i guess you can "finish" it nowadays. still weird for me to see.

Last edited:
Reactions: PossiblyPudding
OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
what? a minceraft run? i wasn't aware they are doing minecraft speedruns now. well, the last time i played the game it didn't have a structure whatsoever so i guess you can "finish" it nowadays. still weird for me to see.
Looks like it's considered complete when you kill the Ender Dragon. I'd assume that must be what the run is for.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
SGDQ is live, but the first game won't be played for another hour XP
Either that dude with the curly hair is in a Flintstones get up or he livin' the hobo poverty life, no offense intended.
That dude in the spyro suit.

Last edited:

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Portal 2 all inbounds run is going on. Much easier to follow than the Portal 1 run from a while back which was so fast it was hard to watch.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
PJ and Mecha Richter runs are always such a joy to watch. Some of the best co-op commentary in the whole event.

Reactions: MJunioR
OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
I don't like Streets of Rage but I thought I'd check the speedrun to see if it was interesting. This couch is insufferable. They somehow are making a bad game even worse.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Oh, sure. I've been following for years, i just like to catch a couple of the first day events but i totally forgot to check yesterday. I'll probably have SGDQ running on my tablet all week when i'm at home so i can play games on PC/Switch on my monitor and have SGDQ on in the background when i'm not watching.

It's what i do in GDQ, RPG Limit Break, Zeldathon etc

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
I think I'm the only person that doesn't care for blindfolded runs. I was planning on watching that run but I may not now.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Keizaron has the couch speedrunning Pokemon Blue on Gameboy while he's running Crystal. Mad.

QFNS

Nov 18, 2018
Divekick is actually a really awesome game casually. It's easily my favorite fighting game. I've never heard of a speedrun of it, but I'm hoping its cool.

Also that RE2 Remake run was cool. Fun commentary also.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
As expected, the Mario romhack race was absolutely fantastic. Look up the VOD if you missed it!

Also, Invictus in a bit should be an amazing ride for anyone who hasn't seen it.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Yep, I'll have to catch that VOD eventually. I only saw a little bit here and there due to getting some work done at the same time. It will be great being able to watch the entire thing.

QFNS

Nov 18, 2018
I need to see that VOD was stuck in a meeting and missed it.

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Is this is the fastest they reached 1,000,000 dolars in donations?
I'm betting no since they're more than 5/7 of the way through and they're not yet at 1/2 of what AGDQ made this year and around 1/2 of what SGDQ did last year.