Discussion Survivor-like games' distinct appeal

leonokarin

Aug 26, 2024
Recently, I have been hooked on the survivor-like game such as Brotato, Vampire Survivors, Dark chaser: Battle tide, and the Nova Drift . It's simple and fun, and there's a certain strategy, low price at the same time can enjoy playing for a long time.
Roguelike and survivor-ilke, perfect combination lol

Last edited:

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
I feel very lucky to be a PC gamer during this genre becoming wildly popular. Never heard of Darkchaser, added it to my wishlist, thank you! I had Nova Drift on there for a long time, but I must have removed it at some point. I wonder why?
The price point for these games is a huge plus. I like to think that there are some AAA studio heads who are just gagging mad at the sales numbers and longevity of these games.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
The lower pricing is definitely a big plus for games in this genre, and mostly of them can run on lower end PC.

I bought Vampire Survivors because of the price but I was sceptical about the gameplay, but I got hooked. Other nice point about these games is how each one try to put some spin in the formula because of how simple it is.

I'm currently waiting for Halls of Torment 1.0 release.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Recently, I have been hooked on the survivor-like game such as Brotato, Vampire Survivors, Dark chaser: Battle tide, and the Nova Drift . It's simple and fun, and there's a certain strategy, low price at the same time can enjoy playing for a long time.
Roguelike and survivor-ilke, perfect combination lol
i think i've played (or am playing) the majority of those (not just those listed, all of them, lol) ... and they're all great! :D