|OT| Tactical RPG Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark releases in April | Out now!

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
The game is scheduled to release in April (no concrete date yet). It's been in Steam early access since August 2018 and it's received well with 93% positive reviews.

Hello everyone!

We have a big update today, our biggest yet!
With our Release date just around the corner, we're wrapping up all the content we want to get in and this update has (almost) all of it!

We also have important news about the price tag. The price for the game will be increased on Monday 18th from $19.99 USD (16.99 EUR) to $29.99 USD (24.99 EUR). This price is final and will remain the same even after the game leaves early access. With the current 10% off and lower price, there has never been a better time to get the time than NOW!

Let's list what it's missing, as that will be a much shorter list:
  • The current build stops a short ways before the game's end, which means our 2 different ending are not accessible. Those will only be accessible in Release.
  • We have a big 7 levels secret dungeon in the works, with a special boss, special loot, etc. That will only be added at Release as well.
  • Steam cloud saves and achievements. That will be added either for the Release build or a little before.
And that's it for the missing content. Everything else is in this build.
Game's features:
  • Experience an epic and mature story, unfolding through over 40 story encounters and topped with challenging end-game content.
  • Classic tactical combat battles, with rugged terrain and elevation, taking place on beautiful hand-drawn environments.
  • A deep and complex class system with over 20 classes and 200 abilities lets you truly customize every one of your characters through the selection of their class, sub-class and passives.
  • Customize your troops' appearance your way, by selecting their portrait, outfit, colors and overall visuals from a wide selection.
  • Equip your army with over 240 pieces of equipment, either purchased, gathered from fallen enemies or created from crafting.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
ooooh, that looks interesting ... guess it's time to buy it now

i mean - i've had it on my wishlist since launch, obviously :p but didn't know it's about to finally release 1.0

thanks! :cat-heart-blob:

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Taborcarn

Battle Santa
Feb 28, 2019
Thanks, I just picked this up on Fanatical (had an extra leftover coupon from my last purchase in their Spring Sale). Not likely to get to it anytime soon but another FFT-alike is always welcome. Although I have to say when the sprite aren't squat and low-res, the walking in place animation seems a lot more awkward.

TheLetdown

A six-pack of letdown.
Oct 30, 2018
This looks really, really nice.

FFT always had a story that was more — to use the wording of this game — mature. It was kind of bleak.

I hope that’s what they mean by it. Would be cool to see the toll of war down to the person level, even though it’s a fantasy setting.

Reactions: lashman

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
Dang, I didn't know about this game until a friend got a review code.

He gave it a 9/10 and says it honors FFT with aplomb.

This looks really, really nice.

FFT always had a story that was more — to use the wording of this game — mature. It was kind of bleak.

I hope that’s what they mean by it. Would be cool to see the toll of war down to the person level, even though it’s a fantasy setting.
It also uses a timeless aesthetic. That art still looks good to this day.

OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I guess this becomes the OT?

Cross-posting my first impressions from the Steam thread:
Fell Seal is so good!

It's exactly what I always wanted from a FF Tactics-like. It has everything what makes FFT great, from the robust class system, map design with elevation and such, combat mechanics and elements, exploration and team building, to story pieces in-between missions (sometimes in the middle of a battle too). No gimmicks and no cards mechanic, it's a straight copy of FFT at its very core.

That said, Fell Seal is not exactly a copy, as they also added some (optional) mechanics, including the injury system. If a character falls in a battle, they will be injured and heavily gimped if you choose to deploy them in the next battle. It's there to encourage having a substitute character ready just in case. It also encourages you to try different kind of characters and classes. Consumables are also different here, as they replenish after each combat so you can freely use them to as you see fit. Instead of obtaining stronger consumables, you can upgrade them in the crafting menu.