News Terminator: Resistance an FPS with RPG elements.

Gameplay Footage
  • OP
    Aelphaeis Mangarae

Aelphaeis Mangarae

MetaMember
    Apr 21, 2019
    Someone ripped the gameplay footage from the stream and posted it. Framerate is wobblier than the original livestream most likely due to misencoding, but it's bearable.

IMO, the game looks.., decent? A mostly linear stealth infiltration mission isn't really the best way to show the game off, but it strikes me as reasonably well put together. It is clearly low budget, and it has a vaguely PSP game-esque feel to its interface design. I heard from playtesters that it was "a huge improvement over Rambo", and... yea, it certainly is.

The scanning vision thing that shows hostiles through walls is a bit concerning. I'm worried that players might spend literally hours with their screen tinted a sickly green because they're afraid of walking around a corner and getting immediately murdered by a Terminator. But paradoxically I'm pleased by how lethal the Terminators are. They see you, they open fire, you die. Most Terminator games have treated T-800s as not really a big deal. In this game they will pulverize you. That said, I would like to see how the game looks in open combat. If the game's combat is crappy, it could undermine the entire experience.

It's interesting that they have Robert Patrick's likeness for a corpse you find sitting in a chair. I wonder if they have any other classic character likenesses.

Hope they release more gameplay footage soon. I'm a big fan of showing people how the game opens.

Overhaul patch released.
  • OP
    Aelphaeis Mangarae

Aelphaeis Mangarae

MetaMember
    Apr 21, 2019
    It's been a very long time coming, but the promised patch finally dropped on Steam. The patch is PC-only currently, but "we'll keep everyone updated on future console patches too."

Additional Languages
    • Russian subtitles and text are now supported
    • Japanese subtitles and text are now supported
    • Simplified Chinese subtitles and text are now supported
    Balance
    • General enemy AI Improvements and fixes
    • Enemies will behave differently based on difficulty selection
    • Improved general balance of difficulty levels.
    • Loot found will now differ depending on the difficulty
    • Weapon stats will differ between difficulties
    • General weapon stats have been slightly modified
    • Skill tree variables have been slightly modified
    • Rail plasma weapons (Snipers) now consume 5 ammo rounds per shot, instead of 1
    • TC16 plasma weapons (Semi-Auto rifles) now consume 2 ammo rounds per shot, instead of 1
    Video/Graphics
    • FOV (Field of view) slider added to video options
    • FidelityFX (AMD) option added to video options (Contrast-Adaptive Sharpening and upscaling)
    • Immersion Upgrades - HUD modification options added. You can now enable/disable individual HUD elements to make the game more immersive
    • Improved support for Ultrawide resolutions
    • Level lighting & post-processing improvements
    • Chromatic aberration toggle added to video options
    • Other small graphics improvements and tweaks
    Gameplay
    • Player movement/locomotion has been slightly improved
    Other
    • Save backup system added to help prevent data being lost
    • Numerous crash fixes
    • Other small bug fixes and improvements

Extremely promising stuff. The game's difficulty issues were the biggest complaint, and the fixes sound extensive. The PC QoL fixes are awesome.