|OT| The Console Gaming Thread

OP
Jkm23

Jkm23

A Gamer posting from the brig
Jul 12, 2019
What happened to the Pokemon reviews?
No idea. I haven't even looked bc reasons but I'll be damned if the Pokemon forum wars spread to this thread lol.

Edit: apparently leaks are the major issue, there was an event cancelled and they blew past the embargo date. Something about removal of Pokemon is causing a large portion of the hardcore fanbase to implode.

Last edited:
Reactions: NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Anime threads enthusiast
Apr 6, 2019
I honestly dont care that much about Pokemon but how come the game has so many glaring issues. Gamefreak has been doing this shit for almost 25 years!

EdwardTivrusky

See You Hyper-Toxic Computer Cowboy
Dec 8, 2018
Shock! Loading high-res textures and datasets into larger maps that may not be optimised will cap bandwidth?
Smaller games will load stupid fast on the next-gen consoles but yeah, if you want 4k, high-res textures and audio, in larger, more complicated worlds then it's a ton more data to load so yeah load times will seem the same as they are currently. Especially if not optimised but not every game will have that much data.

A lot of console gamers are going to have their minds blown next year. Welcome aboard the SSD Train peeps!
Are they Sata SSDs or NVme drives? I haven't really looked into it.

deftones r cool

I̷n̴t̵o̸ ̷t̷h̵e̶ ̵v̵o̵i̸d̵
Apr 19, 2019
With winter just around the corner, alongside recently finding myself at odds with my friends, I'm grateful to have this neat little stash to keep me busy over the next few months. There's some great gaming to be had here, and that's not even counting whatever GamePass titles I'll take a stab at.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Played Destiny 1 for the first time in more than two years tonight. Just wanted to try the PS4 out on my new TV and it was closest at hand. It's a bit rough compared to D2 but there were still people playing and I was even able to get a group finder strike going inside 30 seconds.

My copy of Death Stranding is on it's way, Girlfriend Reviews totally sold it on me, and I just bought a sealed copy of Tides of Numenara PS4 of Ebay for 99cents + postage!

Kandrick

Jun 10, 2019
Switzerland
With winter just around the corner, alongside recently finding myself at odds with my friends, I'm grateful to have this neat little stash to keep me busy over the next few months. There's some great gaming to be had here, and that's not even counting whatever GamePass titles I'll take a stab at.

Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon, nice :cuteblob: