Opinion The epic slap between Steam and EGS will make E3 more nauseating then usual

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
The epic slap fight between Valve and EGS is going to make E3 even more nauseating then usual because of how many people on social media/forum are going to unnecessarily having to pick a side in the new PC market console warring. At it's core, is the actual fact that Valve is getting lazy, not policing it's fucking storefront until social media bitches about and it's algorithm is complete fucking over well meaning indie who are depending on Valve storefront to make their money (Capitalism was a mistake, as the meme goes.) the rhetoric and hot takes are going too much and they're going to make twitter/forum unfucking readable for the next month. Make no mistake here folks, there is a discussion to be had at whether Valve will retaliate against AAA developers or what ever half ass measures they're going to take to make them more appealing to causal PC users again. But holy moly, accusations from both sides about them being monopoly or money laundering operation ( There are real investgations into whether FortNite is being used to launder drug money or at least press accusations for now.) These accusation outright ignore or willfully ignorant of the fact that Google going into the console market may actually trigger antitrust investgation (if that one topic on era is to believed.)

Usual E3s are always amusing to follow and read about the next day and read the reactions of whatever is revealed. But honest to fucking god, as a PC gamer, this shitty slap fight between the two store fronts compared to how Microsoft and Nintendo are cooperating with each other on cross play (which honest to fucking god blows my pea brain away, but the love fest actually begins with Minecraft and the accursed Wii U (RIP) and the developing bromance between the two console giant might have a possibility to go further than what's going on. Comparing this bromance with this fucking shitflinging contest between Valve and EGS is honest a startling contrast and I genuinely do hope that Microsoft does take advantage of the opening being given to it due to Sony pulling out of this year's E3.

It's nice to want new AAA games to come out for Steam but honest to god, with real indies out there putting themselves out there for Steam and japanese developers still giving a fuck about Steam (the real shitstorm will be when the first japanese game comes out for the EGS imo) and also do you really think EGS is going to allow visual novels on their store front, fuck no! You'll get your games don't worry. Just do an examination on why the FOMO is leading people to do this then go on with your lives, Each of the storefront nowadays and back then have always had problems. Just the problems and the complaints were always overshadowed by hype threads for seasonal sales and what not.

OP
YourFriendMaynard

YourFriendMaynard

Dec 21, 2018
All I ask is Devolver Digital presenter just taking hot steaming shits on EGS for it's fuckery

It's all I'm asking for. Pls ffs just shitpost harder for the presentation. Those presentation are always hilarious

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
All I ask is Devolver Digital presenter just taking hot steaming shits on EGS for it's fuckery

It's all I'm asking for. Pls ffs just shitpost harder for the presentation. Those presentation are always hilarious
i guess it all depends on what's going on with Observation ... they're still publishing it ... but it doesn't have a store page anymore (they nuked it completely 2 days ago)

would be a bit hypocritical of them to make fun of moneyhatting exclusives if they did that to one of their own games as well (even if it's going to amazon or twitch, doesn't matter where) ... and by "a bit" i mean "EXTREMELY"

OP
YourFriendMaynard

YourFriendMaynard

Dec 21, 2018
I am now getting to the point in my life where E3 doesn’t bring much of a reaction from me.
The overreactions are always hilarious and the derailed hype trains are always hilarious because of memes

but goddamn if most of the presentation make me wanna vomit with the buzzwords and circlejerking
Also the tencent investment thing I just learned about is hilariously interesting now

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I wonder if devolver simply are not publishing Observation anymore, but havent made an official statement yet.

Reactions: lashman

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
It's not much of a "fight" if Valve isn't doing anything though? Not really sure what they can do to stem the incessantly annoying bad press they keep getting, and Epic's bullshit... but yeah. I really don't see this as a fight.

And yeah, I'm just glad I don't watch E3 or any of these conferences but just digest the news later via articles and headlines.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I'm not even gonna watch the E3 PC show. It's good damn sad to see Epic starting some kind of console war on PC. Perhaps this will result in better storefronts for us as consumers on the long term, but at the moment it's VERY frustrating for me.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I wonder if devolver simply are not publishing Observation anymore, but havent made an official statement yet.
doubt it ... Devolver are still listed on their website as the publisher ... but the PC logo "mysteriously" vanished after the store page was nuked

Luminaire

별이 빛나는 하늘
Feb 28, 2019
I dunno if I'd call it a slap fight. Valve didn't really do anything other than stay the course. Epic is the one who came in swingin' open palms.

E3 and the road up to it are gonna be messy.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I dunno if I'd call it a slap fight. Valve didn't really do anything other than stay the course. Epic is the one who came in swingin' open palms.

E3 and the road up to it are gonna be messy.
yeah ... at this point we can pretty much expect every single game that looks even remotely promising to be exclusive ... including crowdfunded stuff

stuff like Shenmue (Deep ShitSilver - Metro) or Bloodstained (505 - Control) is pretty much guaranteed to go this way now ... considering the publishers

Reactions: Ge0force and Milena
OP
YourFriendMaynard

YourFriendMaynard

Dec 21, 2018
I might be more inclined to watch Nintendo conference than the PC Gaming Show by then.

Yeah, this EGS vs Steam is more pulling me to be interesting in the Nintendo presentation, even if it's remastered bullshit, There were some diamond is the rough with those games like Dark Void and Dark Sector

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I can picture Day9 presenting the games and ending each presentation with "available exclusively on the Epic Games Store", followed by:

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I can picture Day9 presenting the games and ending each presentation with "available exclusively on the Epic Games Store", followed by:

you know it's going to happen

look at last year's Keighleys - even games that weren't announced as exclusives are exclusive now ...

i fully expect the same to happen at E3

Reactions: Alexandros

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
you know it's going to happen

look at last year's Keighleys - even games that weren't announced as exclusives are exclusive now ...

i fully expect the same to happen at E3
Fantastic. With all the constant boos from the audience it's going to be the 2010 World Cup all over again.