|OT| The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure / 英雄伝説 碧の軌跡 | Geofront's Localisation Patch | Blue is the Warmest Colour | v1.0.1 Out NOW!

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Man. After finishing Cold Steel 4, it really brought home how good Zero and Azure were/are. Can't wait to see what you think of the last chapter too.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik
OP
Kvik

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Played a bit of the Finale on Sunday. These story beats seem awfully familiar if you've played Cold Steel II. :flare_lmao:

Fighting the same Jaeger mobs gets kind of tedious, though. They didn't even drop that much sepith, even with the Septium Vein quartz. I'm supposed to fight Campy next, so that should be interesting at least. :flare_sleepy:

OP
Kvik

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Worked my way up to the Final Dungeon over the weekend, and I have thoughts.

The reveal of the "mastermind" is quite brilliant. It's a great payoff since all the clues needed in order for Lloyd to piece all the puzzle pieces together can only be obtained if all the hidden quests related to it are cleared. What happened to Dieter can be considered a commentary of a modern-day politician too. It's quite commonplace to see a politician using their power to ultimately serve what they think is right, and not necessarily what their people think is right. Dieter has ultimately destroyed Crossbell's economy, just to see that he gained the upper hand from the other superpowers in the region.

Ilya and Rixia's story is also great, although I wish Ilya have a more meaningful screen time in Azure. What little she does have is great, though. The way she stays positive despite the possibility that she could never walk again was nothing short of inspiring. We can all relate to Rixia and her search for a place where she "belongs". Arc en Ciel is a place where her past doesn't matter, and it's great to see the members of her troupe reinforces this notion by welcoming her back with open arms.

One thing I didn't like though, is that the members of Saber Viper are almost readily accepting Wald back into their fold. Lest we forget, Wald destroyed the Downtown district, and critically injured most of Saver Vipers --the very people who looked up to him as a leader--, just because he has a tantrum after Wazy put him down earlier in the game. If you ask me, that's not a mark of a true leader. Saber Viper deserves a lot better than Wald, because they are much better people than him. They look after their neighbourhood by rebuilding them and worked together with Testaments, something we won't ever see them do under Wald's leadership. Frankly, I can't wait to have Wazy put him down again in the Final Dungeon.

Finally, I still need to gather enough U-materials before going to the Final Dungeon. Those ultimate armours didn't come cheap.

OP
Kvik

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
It is done.

What an ending. And there's no loss of life this time. :flare_lmao: Hey, at least "Grizzly" Grim already have a cool prison name. The final dungeon was pretty fun. I ended up with 9999 sepith of each kind. Also, most of the bosses there are pushovers except maybe Sigmund. Or they should nerf Spark Dyne, because it trivialises even the final boss! :flare_lmao:

I must say that the resolution is satisfying, and watching the end cards depicting the occupation of Crossbell makes me want to replay some bits of and pieces of Cold Steel I & II again. Also, Ouroboros' recruitment criteria baffle me. Mariabell becoming an Anguis is a bruh moment for me. I'm sure there is a method to their madness, but I have not seen it.

I have more to say, but it's lunchtime now and I'm keen on starting CS III later in the afternoon. Suffice to say that these two games are my favourite Trails games and I'm glad I have the privilege to play them in this state before the official localisation hits.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
It is done.

What an ending. And there's no loss of life this time. :flare_lmao: .
I think this is a general theme with Falcom. Death only happens in flashbacks or when it's something done by the villains, against no-name NPCs. It didn't bother me here, as it would seem a bit extreme from Mariabell to kill Grimmwood. She seems self-serving, but she's no killer the way Shirley is portrayed.

I think Ourobous taking here in as an Anguis likely relates to her knowledge of alchemy, as she's probably the only person in the world that really understand how it works. Can see how that's a huge asset for the society.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik
OP
Kvik

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Now that I have a couple of nights to reflect on it,

It's a damn shame that Falcom didn't give Elie the character development she needed. Especially when the three original members of SSS has major developments at various points in the game. I dare say even Sully has better development than Elie, even though she is just an NPC. Since Elie has aspirations in politics, they could've made Elie a character who has no qualms about using SSS as a stepping stone to enter politics or something along those lines. The way she is portrayed in the duology is a little too perfect.

Speaking of themes, I feel "letting go of the past and making your own way" is one of the important themes of Trails and I feel KeA and Randy's character developments here are pretty well done. Rixia's as well. It is quite fitting that the villains of the story are essentially the opposite --people who simply can't let go of the past-- and therefore lost Crossbell in the process.

Well, for now, I've started CS3 so I'll write my impressions of it soon~ :flare_switch:

• Comfy
Reactions: Mivey and QFNS

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I guess the issue with that idea is that they don't want to show the SSS heroes as being amoral. I agree that Elie doesn't get enough story time, but I would have imagined and hoped when starting Azure that we will get more info on her parents as their divorce seems to be directly connected to the Crossbell problem. Of course, I'm not sure how you could have had that appear naturally within the story? Maybe some kind of hidden quest that only appears if your bonding points with her are high enough? Not sure.
But I agree that I would have liked Elie to get more time in the limelight.

• Comfy
Reactions: QFNS and Kvik
OP
Kvik

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
A couple of days late, but here it is.

ShinKiseki said:
Introducing the Akatsuki Portraits in Azure mod! This adds character portraits that were created for Akatsuki no Kiseki, adding a total of 13 new sets of portraits to Azure!

This includes portraits for Scott, Wenzel, Lynn, Aeolia, Wendy, Chaco, and Vice Commissioner Pierre.

There are also new characters that will receive portraits, including Deputy Commander Douglas, Prince Albert, and Doctor Seiland, along with 3 secret characters (Ch4) Duvalie, Ines, and Ennea.

• Gib
Reactions: QFNS