Community The Visual Novel Council | All Choices Lead To Here

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Somehow I already own most of Sol Press' titles on Steam. Only My Fair Princess left.

If Sol Press somehow managed to sell off their licences, hopefully it won't be Shiravune which gets it, since I'm not so keen on the whole Johren and DRM thing.

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
Somehow I already own most of Sol Press' titles on Steam. Only My Fair Princess left.

If Sol Press somehow managed to sell off their licences, hopefully it won't be Shiravune which gets it, since I'm not so keen on the whole Johren and DRM thing.
That's also the only one of their Steam releases that I haven't gotten around to buying. I even own DareSora.
The art-style of MFP just isn't very appealing to me in between the Grisaia look-a-likes and how inbred a bunch of other characters look, and the premise doesn't make up for it.

Shiravune would be fine if the games all got a Steam release (or at least if the ones I care about did :grinning-face:), as the quality of their releases is generally quite high. As for Johren there's now a way to buy games from them using Paypal now, albeit indrectly, so you don't have to deal with Johren's idiosyncratic payment processing, but the DRM is still a deal breaker for me.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Has anyone tried out this VN? It looks interesting, but there does not seem to be too many impressions.
___

My Switch copy of SeaBed finally shipped. I ordered it March 2020 and it has finally shipped haha.
___
Sol Press really needed to look into Chinese translations to help sales and expend their audience. The titles they localized have not been too interesting to my preferences, I have only picked up Sakura Sakura and Under One Wing, but have not played through either.

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
Interesting post about how people read VNs from the devs of The Sekimeiya:

Incidentially, The Sekimeiya is probably worth keeping an eye on if you enjoy mystery VNs, being one of the highest rated EVNs on VNDB at this point.

Reactions: ExistentialThought

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Interesting post about how people read VNs from the devs of The Sekimeiya:

Incidentially, The Sekimeiya is probably worth keeping an eye on if you enjoy mystery VNs, being one of the highest rated EVNs on VNDB at this point.
What shocked me the most at first glance is that some people play VN in a windows. I mean, it’s not incredible per se but I have always been the opposite. The feeling of having a game in a windows which is itself in the windows that is my monitor is whyohwhy.
So if you do this, can you tell me what’s the point ? I can imagine several, like keeping with the game res or easy multitasking, but curious.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
What shocked me the most at first glance is that some people play VN in a windows. I mean, it’s not incredible per se but I have always been the opposite. The feeling of having a game in a windows which is itself in the windows that is my monitor is whyohwhy.
So if you do this, can you tell me what’s the point ? I can imagine several, like keeping with the game res or easy multitasking, but curious.
I play them in a window, because I stream them to my tablet (and having them in fullscreen results in some cutoff image).

Reactions: Li Kao

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
So if you do this, can you tell me what’s the point ?
Technically with older VNs I always use windowed mode and then use Lossless Scaling to make it fullscreen. Although, on a 1440p screen, I will still get letterboxes due to their native width which is almost always less than 720.

Reactions: Li Kao