|OT| The Vtuber Thread | MetaHoloCouncil

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Korone is a master entertainer even when things go wrong and she breaks EVERYTHING she manages to be entertaining and keep you enthralled.
"This one looks ok..."
BIG SCROLLING KORONE HEAD
"Nope."
"It's too quiet, i need some BGM."
... oh, god. What is she going to pick... yup. That fits.

It reminded me of the old days when you were trying to tune in the TV while trying to adjust the heads on the VHS player and it just keeps getting worse.

Someone in chat said that chat was still scrolling later on and she was trying to read it regardless which was as funny as you can imagine it in your head... for 20 minutes. lol. It's like she took Youtube breaking her stream as a challenge to break it more.

Manager-san was probably like this...

Here's a link to the stream from the description... classic. That BGM ffs!

Original Stream Clip - Korone OBS madness. Poor OBS, lol.

Last edited:

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Youtube just suggested this OkaKoro Cuphead stream to me:

I thought "hmm, isn't it a bit early in Japan for them?".

... apparently they started in the evening and have been at it for over 10 hours.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Yeah, i noticed that he OkaKoro Cuphead stream was "Live" for AGES in my reccommended sidebar. I thought it was because i hadn't refreshed but nope, they were playing for hours... Still going and yeah Youtube says stream started 10 hours ago.

Durante Thought you might like this. A channel called "Chuubas in sync" does synchronised mashups of the hololive girls singing the same song and there's some fun ones but this one stuck out. It just fits so well, almost like they planned it. Especially the bit where they seem to comment to each other towards the end.

One day we will get a HoloEN/Ollie/Haatochama collab we all want to see. One day.

Another one i like is Tyler Not Taylor's mashups.

... and finally because i love her voice on this song so much here's Marine's Bloody Stream sync'd with the original.

Reactions: Durante

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Youtube just suggested this OkaKoro Cuphead stream to me:

I thought "hmm, isn't it a bit early in Japan for them?".

... apparently they started in the evening and have been at it for over 10 hours.
Korone does very long endurance streams on in a while, having surpassed 24 hours before (though she took a break at 12 hours due to youtube's 12 hour limit for archives).

Korone and Okayu just took a break for the Cuphead stream for the 12 hour limit and are about to continue. xd

• Toucan
Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
AZKi's 7th Live Event - Crossroads is about to start!

She has guests this time too!
AMOKA are opening act!

Guests in Description:
[UWSL]◆テクニカルサポート CAMBR Co., Ltd. [/UWSL]https://twitter.com/cambr_jp
[UWSL]◆VJ chaosgroove [/UWSL]https://twitter.com/chaosgroove
[UWSL]clocknote. [/UWSL]https://twitter.com/clocknote
[UWSL]◆ゲスト出演 AMOKA [/UWSL]https://twitter.com/AMOKA_info https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJAz...

Mel was Coco's guest on Reddit Shitpost Review last night.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I love this AZKi track, it's right up there with Inochi.

Little bit of drama in chat but that was squashed quickly. Wait for official news but it looks like the AZKi Virtual Diva Project will be ending in July 2022 but she is NOT graduating, just starting a new project with a new vision. Best guess at the moment is she is going to stream more and maybe join Hololive fully. Probably why this live event was called "Crossroads". She said AZKi Virtual Diva Project was always planned to end in July 2022. Now, i'm seeing that she said the support she's had lately has led her to extend the project until 2022 before she starts the new project.

There's going to be a ton of speculation (like mine) so wait for official news rather than rushed live translations.

This has been a fantastic event! 11k watching at one point which is brilliant. ... and AZKi gets 400k youtube subs too during the show!
AMOKA did a great startup set and AZKi just got better and better throughout the event and finishing her encore with the Neko song! Love it!

4 Song Encore ffs! Go, AZKi, Go!
5 Song Encore, she's singing Creating World now with her old model on screen. What an event!

Next Show:
AZKi 8th Live "Rewind and Reunion" - 2021/06/13 - Harevutai

Last edited:
  • Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Aadya is streaming when that tweet is out. Oof.

Nijisanji India has been rebranded to Nijisanji English once, and then rebranded back to Nijisanji India when the actual Nijisanji English begin their audition. It's like Ichikara doesn't know what to do with that branch.

Anyway, Nene 3D announcement, Suisei 4th 3D Live, and Korone 2 years anniversary soon.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Hopefully the Nijisanji IN crew can continue as independents, is there a big VTuber scene in India? I would have assumed so given the population size but i have no idea at all.

I watch a couple of Nijisanji VTubers but only infrequently. I can barely keep up with the Hololive people i like, Nyanners and some of the other VShojo and the VTuber musicians i like and with more coming soon i think the audience is going to dilute a bit. Which i think will be good for some streamers. I love watching some of the lower number VTuders like Iofi and Aruran because their chat is so small and chill that you feel part of the community in a different way to being in the larger chats where i just close chat and watch the streamer.

I've been thinking that now that things are going to start opening up after COVID vaccines are rolling out and the Summer is here in the North i think a lot of VTubers are going to find their Live numbers dropping and their VODs increase... but on the other hand it hopefully also means that my merch can be posted in the next few months!

Reactions: ExistentialThought
OP
Mutant Strawberry

Mutant Strawberry

MetaMember
Jul 1, 2020
They could be joining Hololive...
I saw a very interesting clip from a Calli member's stream the other day... Someone asked why she isnt collabing with indie vtubers.... She said now is not the time (wink)... The inference being that many of them are currently auditioning for holo en 2 and it would be really awkward..

• Eyes
Reactions: Rockin' Ranger

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Looks like Flare might be the catalyst for a Gen 0 collab we've all been waiting for even if it is in Minecraft. Especially as it looks like AZKi will be more active with the others (hopefully) in the run up to Virtual Diva Project finishing i hope we can get an AZKi, Sora, Miko, Robocco and Suisei karaoke collab on the cards. There again Gen 0 seem to be as bad as Gen 1 regarding big collabs so we shall see but i'm not holding my breath. Minecraft, Uno, Clubhouse 51 if it can take 5 players, i'll watch any big collab Gen 0 do!

Later on, Flare was starting to get frustrated at Sora's random light placements and "good enough" attitude which was winding Flare up. If Moona and Flare did a Minecraft collab 99% of it would be them getting wound up by random placements in other people's designs and then fixing them.

Last edited:
  • Comfy

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
It felt weird watching Suisei's live without Kanata. Still, it was a great show.

Later on, Flare was starting to get frustrated at Sora's random light placements and "good enough" attitude which was winding Flare up.
I was watching the stream live and It feels like Sora is hiring an architect. :flare_lmao:

Flare, the architect: "Why is everything looks good from the outside but scuffed from the inside?"

The DJ set render looks good.

Last edited:
Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Gen 0 is not a proper gen. It's just gen in name only.

Suisei's new song has reached #1 and Korone's new song has reached #3 on iTunes.

Reactions: Mutant Strawberry
OP
Mutant Strawberry

Mutant Strawberry

MetaMember
Jul 1, 2020
Yep, Suisei's concert was one of the best Vtuber concerts ive seen and the includes the paid ones.,

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Gen 0 is a proper Gen to ME! :D

It's just easier to group the Holomems recruited before Gen 1 as a Gen of their own too even if it is "unofficial". I'm an AZKi Pioneer and she's not even classed as Hololive by some people but she's closest to Sora and Suisei so i expect her to not join as Gen 6 but just slip in with Sora, Suisei, Miko and Roboco. It'd make sense to me as it's less disruptive to the Gen concept that Hololive JP & ID use.

I'll have to find some time to watch that SuiSei concert soon.
Also, if anyone is interested the AZKi Live is going members only on the 18th April. I know the latest 7th Live "Crossroads" is going but i'm not sure about the others and i haven't had a chance to check Reddit or Twitter yet. I'm not sure why but i expect it's related to the winding down of INNK and the Virtual Diva project so watch 'em or youtube-dl 'em if you want to keep 'em.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Gen 0 is a proper Gen to ME! :D

It's just easier to group the Holomems recruited before Gen 1 as a Gen of their own too even if it is "unofficial".
Only Sora and Roboco joined Hololive before Gen 1 though.

Miko joined Cover independently from Hololive around the same time as the Gen 2 debut, and then she was transfered to Hololive when Mio debuted.

AZKi joined Cover a few weeks before Mio's debut and Miko's transfer into Hololive, and Suisei joined Cover a few months before the Gen 3 debut (shortly after Okayu and Korone's debut).
With Suisei's debut, AZKi and Suisei formed INoNaKa Music, and it was only shortly before the Gen 4 debut that INNK Music was merged into Hololive.

Timeline:
  • September 2017 - Sora debut
  • March 2018 - Roboco debut and Suisei debuts as an independent vtuber (not associated with Cover)
  • May~June 2018 - Gen 1 debut (with Mel being the first in May, the other 4* in June)
  • August 2018 - Miko joins Cover independently, Aqua and Shion debut
  • September 2018 - debut for the other 3 members of Gen 2
  • November 2018 - AZKi joins Cover
  • December 2018 - Mio debut and Miko is transfered into Hololive
  • April 2019 - Okayu and Korone debut
  • May 2019 - Suisei joins Cover and together with AZKi they form INoNaKa Music
  • July~August 2019 - Gen 3 debut
  • Early December 2019 - INNK Music is merged into Hololive
  • Late December 2019/early January 2020 - Gen 4 debut
* technically 5 members joined gen 1 in June 2018, but one of them was fired a few weeks after her debut

Last edited:
  • Comfy

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I don't know why i wrote "Recruited before Gen 1" there, brain fart on my behalf. I was in a meeting at the time. Ooopsie, my bad.

I think i meant to say they're the talents that were recruited outside of a recruitment drive for a "Generation" so they are in my mind Gen 0, or "Generation-less". So it's easier to group them together than showhorn them into an existing gen, similar to GAMERS being their own thing aside from Fubuki who spans two "groups" and i ended up writing that AZKi was recruited earlier than she was. DOH!

We're still waiting on official news and i'd like someone to translate her clarification from the most recent stream she did but this translated clip makes sense and explains why she had virtual ENTAS as her stage. AZKi's previous stream where she talked about her Live Event history was great too.
From this it seems AZKi Virtual Diva project has always had an end point from it's very start but due to the way it has gained support, that the team behind her still want to continue, and that she has found new dreams she wants to fulfill they have decided to take "Route B" where the project changes but continues onward. That's why the 7th Live was called "Crossroads", the change from "Route A" to "Route B". That's all we know for now.

I still need to find a decent t-shirt printer so i can get some Rushia death metal t-shirts printed from some images i have for the summer ahead.
Gotta get on that this weekend.

• Comfy

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I've been busy with work and in the evening i've been catching up on archives i've missed. I've also been playing games from my backlog but Towa's 3D Live is on my list to get around to soon, don't worry :)

It's why i haven't posted many links or clips recently, i've just been busy.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I've been playing Neptunia Virtual Stars and left this ileheart track as the BGM for 90% of my time. I've just had a look and she's an actual established Compile Heart character, how did i miss this?

ileHeart - Twilight Heart ( my favorite )

Daisuki is a bit of an earworm too and the lyrics are great, really fit her character. Ha.

ileheart's Youtube Channel

ileheart homepage

The new collab project with Kanade Nagisano - YMO - has a new release.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mutant Strawberry

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Suisei is the guest this week on HoloTalk in a few minutes.

edit: Suisei's mic is a bit quiet so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Durante

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Holovangelion, when?

Any excuse to break out mine and ezodagrom's clips from earlier in the thread!

Rushia secretly like the Rushiangelion Unit-01 teasing...

• Toucan
Reactions: ezodagrom

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Korone on Coco's Meme Review last night

I'm watching but i hope there's some lightning quick super-subbers out there getting their clips ready to go soon! :)

• Comfy

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Reminds me of the Fubuki announcement a year ago that she has a boyfriend...

Some people didn't like it but i was howling laughing tbh.

Last edited:
  • Comfy

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
God, they're having so much fun. It's a chaotic mess but everyone seems to be loving it. 16k watching at the moment.

edit: i saw it hit 17.5k watching at one point. Awesome. Had the stream on in the background and they didn't stop laughing the whole time.
Did some DeepL translating of chat and it seems like everyone had a great time.

Last edited:
  • Comfy