PSA TheReviewIndex: a website that summarizes various aspects of steam reviews

MetaMember
Oct 20, 2018
So I've known this website for a while (actually I think I first heard about it on Era) and since I think it's rather useful, decided to make a thread so that more people become aware of it.
As I said in the thread title, this site summarizes various aspects of steam reviews. You can use it on any game available on Steam. Here are some parts about Factorio for example:

Mind you, there are some mistakes here and there, but I think overall it's really useful.
Review Summarizer for Gadget Reviews - 2018

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Actually I would not mind something like this integrated on Steam, I have just discovered this and already like some aspects of the page.

First of all, it summarizes every aspect of the game individually which is really cool because you can go directly to the thing you want to know the most.
Another thing I like about this page are the bars with percentages, green and red, visually simple and direct.

In general I think its a great page and Steam could integrate some ideas from this to their system. thanks for sharing it was great.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Interesting. So they take sample, not all of the available reviews on the page, right?

I tried Monster Hunter World, and it got a 8.5 score. Lots of complaints came from performance/port issues.

OP

MetaMember
Oct 20, 2018
Steam could integrate some ideas from this to their system.
Yeah. That would be great. This also kinda shows that reviews can be pretty useful and informational for both the consumer and the developer, and a few toxic ones don't mean that there should be no reviews.
So they take sample, not all of the available reviews on the page, right?
Yeah. Apparently it's maxed at 1000 reviews.

Reactions: lashman and Mor

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
I'm surprised at the amount of relevant and useful information that it's able to generate. I agree with Mor, this is something I would like to see Valve implement.

Thanks for sharing.