News this is madness

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Cardiff, Wales
www.playedthat.com
They should bring Zelda BOTW to PC.
Breath of the Wild is a crown jewel for the Switch. I don't think Nintendo are that invested into this plan just yet, if they are indeed doing it at all.

If they're releasing anything on PC, it's in the "test the waters" phase - not "potentially upend our entire platform business model to test the waters" phase. 😂

Reactions: Prodigy and lashman

Shahem

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2020
France
Breath of the Wild is a crown jewel for the Switch. I don't think Nintendo are that invested into this plan just yet, if they are indeed doing it at all.

If they're releasing anything on PC, it's in the "test the waters" phase - not "potentially upend our entire platform business model to test the waters" phase. 😂
Sony did not start low with Horizon. They could have debuted less prestigious titles. And then there are talk in this very thread of Bloodborne and God of War.
They tested the waters with big AAA critically acclaimed games.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Sony did not start low with Horizon. They could have debuted less prestigious titles. And then there are talk in this very thread of Bloodborne and God of War.
They tested the waters with big AAA critically acclaimed games.
I feel Nintendo is a very different company than Microsoft/Sony and don't follow them. I don't see them throwing their big game BOTW on PC, when you have something like Bayonetta 2 which already has a proven 1st entry on PC.
Sony also released a few 3rd party exclusive games on PC years before it jumped in with Horizon, so there definitely was a slower start.

Shahem

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2020
France
I feel Nintendo is a very different company than Microsoft/Sony and don't follow them. I don't see them throwing their big game BOTW on PC, when you have something like Bayonetta 2 which already has a proven 1st entry on PC.
Sony also released a few 3rd party exclusive games on PC years before it jumped in with Horizon, so there definitely was a slower start.
I don't see it happening either but it would move a lot of units on PC without a doubt.
I imagine a Pokemon game would be popular on Steam as well.

As long as Nintendo don't try to bring another garbage launcher on PC. We have enough of those I think.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
If Nintendo ever brought something of their own game(s) to PC I hope they do it on Steam. I would dread to use their own launcher/platform on PC considering how crap their own online systems are on console.

Shahem

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2020
France
I digress though; should there be level headed reactions to this, positive reactions that is, then I shall be even more pleased than the alternative
I'm sure some people will take it well. Even the most diehard of Sony fans knows that the PC market is extremely lucrative.

Shahem

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2020
France
i feel you and i know ifferent kind of diehard Sony fans :D
I know a few IRL and they are not hostile to PC gaming at all. I guess we will have to see how it unfolds in the months ahead.

I really, really hope the Sony stuff is true. I really hope Queen's sources in regards to God of War, Days Gone etc are not bullshitting her.

Last edited: