News Trinity (Vita hack for 3.69/3.70 fw)

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
I know we're all mostly PC players here, but there's enough weebs that I'm sure someone will be interested to hear about this. For a while, the only way to hack your Vita was to have firmware 3.68 or below. Now, that's changed - thefl0w released his hack for 3.69/3.70, which requires a PSP game installed on the system, but otherwise works with 0 issues.

If you haven't heard of the benefits of hacking a Vita, it's basically a no-brainer to do so at this point. You've got sd2Vita which lets you use microSD cards instead of the proprietary Vita cards for storage, the ability to sync and use PS3/PS4 controllers on the handheld, the ability to stream your games over USB for game capture, the ability to mod the colorspace and RGB limits for the screen (especially helpful for the Slim units), and overclock the CPU/GPU for better performance in games, including some game mods that improve the internal resolution for titles that were previously sub-native res. Of course, the other common reasons for hacking a system also apply.

Last edited:

fsdood

Jan 9, 2019
A hacked Vita is one of the best handhelds ever (especially with SD2VITA). It's a shame Sony's support for it basically died off so early

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
Hell, I'm interested in it just because you can do it. After that I shelve it and never touch it again.

Reactions: dummmyy
OP
Theswweet

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Not really related to this hack, but god does backing up nearly 60 Vita game cards take FOREVER

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
So, so cool. I have been wanting to buy a Vita for the last year. Had one and "gave it away" this is just more motivation to get one now! Thanks Theswweet

OP
Theswweet

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Imported a 3G JP unit for my roommate, and it came in today. Well, tough shit for him - I'm keeping this one for myself 'cause damn is it in good condition. Even came with an 8GB memory card for $95 everything included and free shipping! Time to get a PSVSD in this thing...

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Imported a 3G JP unit for my roommate, and it came in today. Well, tough shit for him - I'm keeping this one for myself 'cause damn is it in good condition. Even came with an 8GB memory card for $95 everything included and free shipping! Time to get a PSVSD in this thing...
RIP your roommate, lol