Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
So far I've played through
Aperture Desk Job
2 Ace Attorney's
Inmost and
The Count Lucanor
and the funny thing is that outside of Aperture all of them are "Unknown", but pretty much worked out of the box perfectly (only exception was Lucanor, but I simply switched that to Proton Experimental and then it worked perfectly)

derFeef

Cthulhu dreams.
Apr 17, 2019
AUT
Musou situation seems dire.
I played a bit of PW4 even tho it's unsupported. Only runs with Experimental and the videos can't be played - but it plays fine except some slowdowns here and there. Currently downloading Dynasty Warriors 9 - I am prepared for the worst, haha.

edit: DW9 not working as expected :negative-blob:

Last edited:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I opened a thread about how to fix Chrono Cross

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Are the Deck issues with USB Hubs a thing of the past ? I'm planning to more extensively use the little thing and there is no way I will be able to keep my sanity with the trackpads.

Ohhh, and is there an option I didn't see on Steam to tell it to stop fucking adding shortcuts to newly installed games ? My linux desktop is tired of it.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
The different fans is par for the course with most electronic manufacturing, especially new hardware in high demand. Systems for different regions or other SKU configurations will be made in different factories, and some of the components going into those factories will vary.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
So confusing. I looked at usb hubs on amazon and well, those are not cheap for one. And I see they need power to work, like 5w. So if I understand correctly, the Deck charging cable won't do it ? I mean I can totally misunderstand but it's a 45w charger, the hub takes 5w, the Deck won't stay charged, right ?

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Meh, I want to use linux and customize my emulators etc. I need a mouse and keyboard or it's a non-starter.
The trackpads are a torture for heavy use.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

derFeef

Cthulhu dreams.
Apr 17, 2019
AUT
Man, they have not done anything regarding external screen support yet, they really need to implement some settings there.
It's fully upscaling to 4K or whatever the monitors native res is and in the games it does often not show up with 720p settings. Borderless window sometimes works but will get funky half-screen-cut-off results. Desktop mode supports more resolutions of course, but then in game it NEVER shows me 720p since it thinks 800p is native.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman and Li Kao

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Meh, I want to use linux and customize my emulators etc. I need a mouse and keyboard or it's a non-starter.
The trackpads are a torture for heavy use.
I guess the bigger issue is also the tiny screen. For desktop use, it's probably smart to set up a dock with mouse, keyboard and monitor or hook it up to your existing PC, with some fancy input switcher to have things quickly switch between using the Dock or your regular PC.

derFeef

Cthulhu dreams.
Apr 17, 2019
AUT
I feel like we need game specific performance settings. I go back and forth with games a lot and for old games I can often turn down the TDP and/or the GPU speeds. But then when I play something newer I need to change everything again.

Reactions: C-Dub and lashman

TrishaKit

The Recusant's Sigil
Aug 11, 2021
Around what time EST do emails usually go out each Monday for Steak Decks do yall know?

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
You can check the estimate with this website Steam Deck Calculator

It is only an estimate based on existing data from users so it might be wrong, but I have seen that for some it actually provided an accurate date. Mine says May 2nd, but I hope it arrives earlier since Valve bumped up the production.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
You can check the estimate with this website Steam Deck Calculator

It is only an estimate based on existing data from users so it might be wrong, but I have seen that for some it actually provided an accurate date. Mine says May 2nd, but I hope it arrives earlier since Valve bumped up the production.
I got mid to late June depending on what method I used.

Moo reckons June 20th. Jimmosio reckons June 13th or 16th. So probably quite accurate, though from what I can tell there isn't a ton of data on Q2 256gb units in the UK, so maybe I'll be fortunate!

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Valve cockcardblocked me for several hours on the reservation day, and here I am, with an email.
People in the EU must be cancelling their orders in droves!
This gives me hope that mine isn't too far behind...

256GB, UK, cardblocked for about 1 hour and 45 minutes.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Are EU and UK different queues? Took me a bit over 2 hours (also 256) and I got an email today.
They are. People who ordered around 15 minutes after the deposits opened in the UK have started to get their emails yesterday.

Meanwhile, in Europe, it’s about 1 hour and 35 minutes at the least (you say 2, so probably quite a bit more). There’s not much you can extrapolate from this realistically, but it could suggest there were more orders in the UK than Valve anticipated or they are under supplying us. Or something else. Who knows?

Reactions: tetel and lashman

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Valve probably didn't want to touch initial estimates too much, so I'd guess they balance queues over time, so they don't have delay anyone's order. (especially once we get those who had vague "after Q2")

And it's probably EU having less orders than US/UK, despite being bigger region.

• This!
Reactions: lashman and C-Dub

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Valve probably didn't want to touch initial estimates too much, so I'd guess they balance queues over time, so they don't have delay anyone's order. (especially once we get those who had vague "after Q2")

And it's probably EU having less orders than US/UK, despite being bigger region.
That’s my thoughts on it. They could’ve used the delay to rejigg orders based on FIFO (it’s disappointing that people who ordered on the 17th are getting their emails but I ordered on the 16th and I haven’t), but I can see the merits of not doing that.

I’m biased because I want my Steam Deck sooner.

• Sad

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I got my order in like an hour after the launch here in the US, and my "guesstimate" is May 9th, so if that holds there must have been a ton of orders for the 512GB here compared to EU based on what you are seeing.

Doctor Ironic

Mar 18, 2019
Hi everyone, long time no see.

I got my Deck last Friday but had to RMA it due to a faulty left trigger. It needed substantially more pressure to press towards the end of its travel, to the point where sometimes it would get stuck at the bottom and I'd have to pull it back out. Does anyone have experience with the RMA process yet? When can I expect my poor Gabe Boy Advance to come back to me? :disappointed-but-relieved-face:

Otherwise I had a lot of fun, I hope the ability to save TCP profiles on a per-game basis is coming soon because that was by far the most annoying part, other than actually getting games on the damn thing. Got up to all sorts of no good with EmuDeck. Excited for the future.