Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 1 of 2024)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Happy New Year fellow Councilor! What are you playing during this fresh start? Have you been playing all those games you got from winter sale?

Marvel's Midnight Suns: Continue progressing through the game. It's fun! The social sessions in the game are surprisingly meaty and I really enjoy the interactions between the heroes.

One Piece Odyssey: Grabbed this from the winter sale. BO7AMMOOD has been playing this game, and recent One Piece manga chapters are so freaking good (and spoiler depressing) that I am in the mood for a OP game as well. Graphics and character models look great yet runs perfectly on the Deck. Currently at the first dungeon right now and the game is pretty easy to play even thoughI have not fully understood the battle mechanics yet. Going to read through the in-game tutorials again. Overall it feels good to play so I have a feeling that this will stick with me for a long time.

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
Happy New Year! I'm in a spooky mood, I'm currently on the way to finishing Signalis and The Evil Within 1. Both run great on the Steam Deck.

• Comfy
Reactions: Cacher
Dec 5, 2018
happy new year.

Tales of Vesperia: Finished the game, i ended up lowering the difficulty for the final boss, since i didn't want to grind/try another approach at this point. Have to say the difference between normal and easy is too stark.

Vampire Survivors: Emergency Meeting (DLC): Got the DLC during the sale and unlocked everything.

Record of Lodoss War-Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth-: Another game that I got during the sale. Pretty nice metroidvania. Based on the map/enemy completition I think I'm 2/3 into the game. I should play Touhou Luna Nights since it's from the same people.

• Comfy
Reactions: lashman and Cacher
OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Played a ton of Midnight Suns today. After this big battle suddenly the screen shows "Act 2"... What, the past 30 hours were only Act 1? Jesus this game is long.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Alan Wake 2 is what I’m mostly playing. It doesn’t play well on Steam Deck, so when I’m not playing that, I’m playing The Expanse on my Deck.

Also me and my partner started the second game in The Great Ace Attorney series last night.

Reactions: Cacher and lashman

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Played through Astalon: Tears of the Earth and Minoria last week and also started Sword and Fairy 7,
But now I'm all in on Afterimage. Honestly think this will reach very high on my Metroidvania list if it keeps it up, I love it. Only complaint I had is that it was quite easy, which felt like it did a disservice to how well the bosses were designed. But I turned the difficulty up and it's looking like that complaint is now gone as well :pikkardblanket:

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Finished Vernal Edge. It's good. I have some issues with most common enemies feeling a little spongey and last boss having two phases where the first phase is more annoying than difficult. Even more so because your health recharges after the first phase so it doesn't even matter how well you do, second phase always starts from a clean slate anyway. I didn't get 100% completion and in one map I have a section I never managed to get in to, so I'm going to check online about that, but I doubt there's much to do there or secret second ending or whatever.

I'm going start Afterimage next, launched it briefly just to set it up. Will probably turn English VO off, the sidekick was really annoying me. Though maybe that character is there only for the beginning and it's all fine after that?

Reactions: lashman and Cacher