Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 12 of 2023)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
How are you good people on MC? What are you playing?

I am returning to Breath of the Wild after finishing Enkaku Sousa last week. Hopefully I can finish main story, all side quests, all shrines and the DLC content within the next two months. The game is 6 years old yet it doesn't feel dated at all. So good.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Still chipping away at Octopath Traveler II. Haven't had much time to play this week or weekend, but hopefully I'll be able to put some time into it next week.

Reactions: Avern and Cacher

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Emulation week for me.

Finished the first Sly Cooper on RPCS3, never played it on PS2 so I don't have much nostalgia for it. Controls are a little janky at times causing many cheap deaths. Cell shaded graphics always makes games upscale nicely in emulation. It's an okay platformer, I had fun.

Played Jet Set Radio Future first level on Cxbx-Reloaded, sadly still no widescreen solution yet (hacking the xbe files just makes the player character disappears and the game locks up after a while), and I have to download an earlier version of the emulator to play without graphical glitches.

It runs well though and the artwork and cell shaded graphics really holds up well in 4K and beyond. Hope I can finished it without too many problems.

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
Just finished doing everything in Pizza Tower. GOTY candidate right there.

Still going through Yggdra Union and I'm feeling :dizzy-face: about it, because I'm over halfway through and just found out I misunderstood the way items work. I've apparently been putting myself at a disadvantage all game. I just hope things don't end up unwinnable.

Still going through Bonfire Peaks. Great puzzles, and it's starting to get very tricky.

Started up Steelrising, which is... fine. It's fine.

Highlight of the week will probably be Resident Evil 4 though. Sounds like they did an amazing job on it.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I'm playing Atelier Firis (mostly on the Deck, but also on PC), and I'm still enjoying it a lot. There was a hiccup ~10 hours in when my container was full and I couldn't yet expand it which almost made me want to quit, but it's been smooth sailing since I finally got a recipe for an atelier item that gives extra space.

I also tried Horizon again, which I never played since I got my OLED monitor (or 4090 for that matter). It's extremely beautiful in HDR, and between the patches and HW upgrade now runs extremely well. So I was enjoying it for a bit, but after playing for a few hours it's back in my mind on that pile of "decent game, but not really what I want to play right now".
I feel like it really suffers from the whole AAA open world bloat phenomenon. Tons of systems and things to do, and they are even decently well implemented when looked at in isolation, but just not enough incentive to keep doing them over and over for the entire content structure they planned out for this open world spectacle.

Started Hellpoint. Not sure how I feel about it yet. Feels a bit by the numbers, but I'm not sure I was really expecting anything else either.
It has some of the wildest platforming to secrets of any soulslike!

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
It has some of the wildest platforming to secrets of any soulslike!
Is the upper part of the the hub(???) area where you end up after the first boss representative or does it get even wilder? I fell to my death a few times over there. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Tokyo Necro and Trails to Azure.

Trails to Azure with HDR injection looks great. My only wish is for the ability to take SDR screenshots with proper gamma values I can upload to Steam Community. :flare_nekomimi:

Tokyo Necro's food CGs are on point.

• Comfy
Reactions: Cacher

DrShrapnel

Shuwatch!
Oct 14, 2021
I picked up Returnal on sale at GameStop during their Pro Days, at a price that’s surprisingly lower than anyone else. So I’ve been dabbling in that, as it’s more of a pick up and play/quick fix type game for me.

I’ve also started Greedfall, which is better than I expected. If only it didn’t have such clunkiness, and played more smoothly like an Assassin’s Creed game. I don’t know how many times I’ve run down an alley, only to be stopped in my tracks by a bucket or something.

Rogue Agent

Takes too damn long to finish games
Apr 4, 2019
Don't have a gaming laptop anymore so I sadly didn't end up playing Elden Ring after all. Sticking with only Switch from now on for gaming. Backlog is still paused but I'll be playing and finishing specific NSO games that I haven't played before, just to keep busy until Nintendo decides to release the next Switch. So...

Finished with Wario Land 3 on Switch. Collected all 100 treasures and also collected the 8 musical coins in each level to unlock everything. Will play Kirby's Dream Land 2 next.

Last edited: