Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 12 of 2024)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! What are you playing?

I cleared case 3 of Ace Attorney 5. Another weak case from this entry. I can see that the writers try to portray the friendship between the characters, but the execution is confusing and illogical. Moving onto case 4. I remember this is first half of the final case so I am not expecting much.

• Hug
Reactions: lashman and Durante
Dec 5, 2018
Finished the Ace attorney trilogy. It's been cool to replay the series. I guess the next Ace Attorney game I'll play is the great ace attorney but that will have to wait for a while. Not sure what I'll move to next

Reactions: lashman and Cacher

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I finished Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth. I'm going to spoiler everything from here on out to be safe:

Everything up to the Ancient Capital is great, but the final chapter is a convoluted piece of trash that starts with the legendary setup but devolves into MCU tier multiverse garbage. Aerith still dies, but it has zero emotional impact compared to the original and at this point I expect her to be revived at the end of part 3.

Great game, but the ending left a very bitter taste in my mouth. Tifa still best girl.

Reactions: Cacher and lashman

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I'm mostly playing Trails of Cold Steel 4.

It's interesting to jump from Azure to CS4 and see both the similarities and the differences in how Falcom made an end-of-a-story-arc RPG a decade or so apart.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Mostly Disjunction. It's not super great. Going non-stealth doesn't seem viable from what I've seen of the enemy behavior, and they don't give you enough tools to go stealth in a way that's satisfying to me. But I'll finish it.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Started playing Outcast A New Beginning today.
Meanwhile making some progress with Ace Attorney Apollo Justice and Greedfall too.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Took a break from Yakuza 0 and played Chasing Static.
Great. Not good. Interesting. Uh, let’s do it again with more words. Chasing Static made a great first session. The retro PS1 style is on point and the plot is genuinely intriguing.
The second (and last, it’s a short game) session was more underwhelming. Once you get past all the good first impression stuff, what remains is unfortunately a pretty rote game design and the plot peters out like a wet fart of noncommittal ‘this may have happen, or maybe not, or maybe this part’.
When I lament the game design, I’m talking about the scope of interactions needed to complete the game. It’s a really limited find a couple items and use them elsewhere affair.

Now I may look like someone who hated the game, I can safely say that on the contrary I choose to keep the positives in mind and will keep a look on the micro-dev next games. After all what’s the big issue, lack of mastery in both design and writing ? There is still a lot done right. And let’s not ask too much for a project with obvious limited budget and scope.
You have my attention.

Now I’m getting my ass out in Pizza Tower.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Finished ME2 and Me3 in the last weeks. Started Andromeda but got a bit bored, so many boring mechanics, gear etc... Started Troubleshooter and loving it.