Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 17 of 2023)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! What are you playing?

Breath of the Wild:thumbsupblob:. The DLC is surprisingly meaty. So much game content there.

Also bought a copy of Red Dead Redemption 1 for my series X. Xbox-enhanced feels good! :blobevening:

Dec 5, 2018
Finished Eiyuden Chronicles Rising

Started Vampire Survivors: Tides of The Foscari and got all the Unlocks/Cheevos.

And now I'm playing Yakuza 6, feels good to be back in Kamurocho after all this time.

Reactions: Li Kao and Cacher

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
I mainlined Ghostwire Tokyo and beat it start to finish in around 16 hours. That game has an amazing vibe, but is just too repetitive for its own good. A sequel addressing that would be amazing!

Just getting started with the Gotham Knights I got from Humble the other month, its pretty enjoyable so far. Looks great too, which I didn't expect from all the anti-hype I've read about it since launch... maybe this is finally it's Game That Works Edition?

Finally, thanks to Ascheroth driving the hype train I have pre-loaded Honkai Star Rail on my PC. May God help me.

Finished chapter 3 of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. OHMYGODIT’SSOGOOD !
Yes, yes it is. How are you liking the soundtrack? :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
I finished replaying the original Resident Evil 4 (first time since its initial release). Good game, but after going back to it, I think the remake is better in basically every way.

I started Wildfrost. I've managed 2 wins so far, but it's very difficult. It's easily the best deckbuilder I've played since Monster Train though. I don't think it's quite on StS's level, but it's a lot of fun.

I'm a modest ways into Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origins. I'm finding it very compelling so far. The dialog is hilarious, and the gameplay systems are a lot of fun. The job system is nifty. But like all of Team Ninja's games since Nioh, I really do not give a fuck about the loot. I don't understand the appeal of loot games at all. :confused-face:

I'm a couple of short play sessions into Mega Man Battle Network. Been playing it on my lunch breaks, but I don't know if I'll stick with it. The combat feels way clunkier than I expected.

Last thing on my list is trying to get S++ ranks in Resident Evil 4 (2023)'s Mercenaries mode. This is another thing I'm not sure I'll stick with. The Mercenaries is decent, but long chaotic fights just don't hook me the way the campaign did with its tight pacing.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Waiting for Star Rail on Wednesday and while waiting around for it I have started Death Stranding and Persona 5 in my infinite wisdom.

Last edited:

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
OK, so in the shortest turnaround ever I have now dropped Gotham Knights. :blobxorcism:

Good lord that game sucks!

It does run much, much better now though, I remember the launch version being really unoptimized. Used the game recommended settings and I got 4K60 with mild infrequent drops (like 2fps). And the game looks great...

... its just that after the initially promising first hour or so, the game just devolves into an extremely boring open world brawler, with bad movement mechanics.

On the bright side now I have another 60GB of space! :grinning-face:

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I'm actually playing a game! Coffee Talk. I wish there was more to it, but it's pretty relaxing.

OK, so in the shortest turnaround ever I have now dropped Gotham Knights. :blobxorcism:

Good lord that game sucks!

It does run much, much better now though, I remember the launch version being really unoptimized. Used the game recommended settings and I got 4K60 with mild infrequent drops (like 2fps). And the game looks great...

... its just that after the initially promising first hour or so, the game just devolves into an extremely boring open world brawler, with bad movement mechanics.

On the bright side now I have another 60GB of space! :grinning-face:
Yeah, I tried really hard to finish it... but after 10 hours I gave up.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I finished Dreamland Solitaire: Dragon's Fury and started Dreamland Solitaire: Dark Prophecy. ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦
I think it's the final game in the series. At least it's the last one I own. :D

Also been playing more Atelier Ryza. Got over the weird difficulty hump that I felt earlier and now I'm breezing through it. We'll see if that lasts.

DrShrapnel

Shuwatch!
Oct 14, 2021
Call of Duty Modern Warfare: I was itching to play a somewhat recent CoD campaign, and this didn’t disappoint. Finished this last night, and I find myself wanting to go back and play/replay previous CoD campaigns

The Last of Us: Seems to be working well for me, so I think I’m going to focus primarily on this. Although I find it annoying that I feel the need to explore every nook and crannyin search of crafting supplies. Almost want to install an unlimited Shiv cheat lol

Also been tuning my 7900XT, as the whole undervolting and overclocking is something I never messed with. Adrenalin seems really good for this.

Reactions: Cacher