Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 18 of 2023)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
May starts tomorrow! What are you playing?

Finished Champions' Ballad of Breath of the Wild. Final dungeon and boss fight was great, and I really enjoy riding the bike. Around 20 shrines left to do so I should be able to finish the game within this week. Not sure if the trial of the sword on Master Mode is any fun so I will probably just pass on to Tears of the Kingdom without finishing it.

Have an urge to read some visual novels so I bought a copy of Grisaia Trilogy on the Switch. Already read it for an hour. Fun start. I heard all three games are very long so this one will be a great way to avoid burnt-out on Zelda.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik and kafiend

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Minecraft modpack Roguelike Adventures & Dungeons 2. Just started but I really enjoyed the first one.

Troubleshooter Abandoned Children. Restarted yet again and powering through the reason I keep start/stopping it. Systems upon systems upon systems upon systems. No fucks given playthrough with "whatever" being said by me a lot. It's really good despite the fact I don't really understand some of the main systems and how to unlock some of skills efficiently.

Some Kagura RPGs because I am a very naughty boy.

Reactions: Aaron D. and Cacher

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Thought I’d get through The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog while it’s still April, so that’s gonna be done today.

Also gonna try the demo for Cassette Beasts and buy the game if I like it, so that may be what else I’m playing this week.

If I get time, I may also play PARANORMASIGHT and A Space for the Unbound.

Reactions: Cacher

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Continuing through Atelier Ryza. I'm mostly enjoying my time with it now that I've unlocked the ability to rebuild alchemy items, I can pretty much just build overpowered weapons for everyone and breeze through most of the combat. There's a difficulty option in the options and I thought about changing it, but it's going to be just a slider for more HP and harder enemy hits, and that just makes everything last longer, not actually more difficult. I also got some speed shoes for faster traversal and bigger knapsack so I don't have go back to the atelier to deposit mats as often.

Things are looking up.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Probaly gonna be mostly Honkai: Star Rail this week.
I was pretty sure I was going to like it, but I did not expect to like it this much. Hoyoverse really got their claws in me at this point. Looks like I just really enjoy the style of their output.

Reactions: Cacher

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria

$45 well spent. Missing two in game challenges but I don't want to waste my time waiting for 3 enemies to get randomly killed by the wrecking ball.

My Pro S+ run was fun and challenging with no bonus weapon, accessories or charms. Can't wait for Separate Ways :)
Congrats! Im currently doing my Pro S+ run, but theres no way I could do it without bonus weapons ;) Im doing it with the Infinite Handcannon (and sometimes Chicago Sweeper when more appropriate) as well as the chicken hat :) I wish I was that good at the game. But I love it a lot. Im probably done with it after this run, but yeah, money well spent indeed!

Reactions: C-Dub and didamangi

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Congrats! Im currently doing my Pro S+ run, but theres no way I could do it without bonus weapons ;) Im doing it with the Infinite Handcannon (and sometimes Chicago Sweeper when more appropriate) as well as the chicken hat :) I wish I was that good at the game. But I love it a lot. Im probably done with it after this run, but yeah, money well spent indeed!
Since you're doing the pro s+ run, here's a crucial tip if you don't know it already.

If you die, don't continue or load game from the death screen menu, the game time won't reset to your last save. You have to go back to the main menu and load the game from there so the game time will reset to your save.

Reactions: LEANIJA and C-Dub

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Since you're doing the pro s+ run, here's a crucial tip if you don't know it already.

If you die, don't continue or load game from the death screen menu, the game time won't reset to your last save. You have to go back to the main menu and load the game from there so the game time will reset to your save.
I did know, yes; I found out about that when I was confused in one of my runs why the time was adding up more than it should. Thank you for pointing it out tho, thats one of the things that might not be well known. I dunno why they implemented that mechanic, its a bit odd.

i finished my Pro S+ run last night, my time was around 5:10 (about 10 minutes more than I had on the Hardcore S+ run)
I used the Infinite Handcannon, Infinite Knife and Infinite Chicago Sweeper alongside the Chicken Hat to help; and I did indeed buy the DLC that grants you Ultimate Upgrade tickets (thus enabling the "Infinite" part of those weapons as soon as you reach the merchant; making the whole ordeal easier.
I wanted to note that these DLC items replenish on every new run. I used them on Hardcore S+ and was prepared that I might need to re-buy them for Pro S+ but thankfully thats not the case (unless Capcom made a mistake). Even with these items, some stuff was challenging – and because you can only save 15 times (and me being an idiot used only 12) occassionally I had to replay some long sequences when something killed me rather unexpectedly.

I might next wrap up TLOU and then probably play some WOW (having never touched the latest expansion for longer than an hour) or some backlog stuff.

Reactions: didamangi