Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 19 of 2023)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! What are you playing?

Trial of the Sword in Breath of the Wild. I am playing master mode and this trial is too difficult to me. I am never good at playing action games and there are many ways to cheese through difficult fights in this game, like disarming enemies with thunder arrow or freeze enemies in a big fight so that I can only focus on them one-by-one. but this trial takes away these tools from me so the fights become unbearably hard. This week I am going to skip the trial, go straight to the last memory sequence and finish off Ganon as I have already gotten all shrines.

Of course, can't wait to see how the new Hyrule looks like in Tears of the Kingdom. Haven't been this hyped for years!

Dec 5, 2018
Still going through Yakuza 6, at chapter 6 now but mostly doing side stuff. It's a weird game in the sense, that this was the first Dragon engine game, while the game is an obvious graphical improvement over the previous game it feels like the game is a step back.

Reactions: Avern and Arc

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
I just rolled credits on Stranger of Paradise. That game is excellent.

Also playing through the Spider of Lanka DLC for The Case of the Golden Idol. It's great so far, and seems a lot tougher than the base game.

Still going through Cassette Beasts. Also excellent.

I've also been chipping away at Beton Brutal. I'm able to make it into the red area somewhat consistently, but the janky-ass climbing poles are giving me headaches. I'm not sure if I like this game. I like its vibes, but I'm finding its difficulty very irritating. Compared to something like Jump King, Beton Brutal makes you do a ton of easy, filler jumps between the tough ones. So when you screw up, you're not going back 5-10 jumps, you're often going back 50+ jumps.

Reactions: Arc

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Dredge and i'm really enjoying the atmosphere and the slow paced nature of the game and not even the monsters at night mechanic is putting me off and i fully expected it to as usually those kinds of mechanics are stupidly annoying, here not so much. It's a great podcast game and i haven't played one of those for a while. Kick back, grab a beer, pop on a podcast and lose a few hours. Love it.

Reactions: lashman and Avern

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Didn't really have too too much time for gaming in the past week and as such didn't really make a ton of progress in Ryza.
Occasional solitaire as well.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I gave a break on Pathfinder WotR and I'm playing a lot of Honkai Star Rail, I'm also trying some demos from the LudoNarraCon. I guess I can also throw Judgment in the list of games being played, but I don't think I'll focus on it right now.

OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Tears of the Kingdom is magical. I am still on the tutorial island and I cannot wrap my mind over the new abilities. Genius, give props to the designer and programmer for pulling them off.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I'm watching streams, while waiting for work to finish so i can transfer my account to my OLED Switch and waiting for the courier to deliver TotK in the next hour then i'll be diving in myself.

( My Switch is an OG Launch Switch and my OLED has been sat in it's box since launch too so i figured TotK is the right time to actually get it out and transfer my stuff! )

I've avoided spoilers and intro streams and just been watching people exploring and puzzling. People having fun with it.

• Gib
Reactions: Cacher
OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I'm watching streams, while waiting for work to finish so i can transfer my account to my OLED Switch and waiting for the courier to deliver TotK in the next hour then i'll be diving in myself.

( My Switch is an OG Launch Switch and my OLED has been sat in it's box since launch too so i figured TotK is the right time to actually get it out and transfer my stuff! )

I've avoided spoilers and intro streams and just been watching people exploring and puzzling. People having fun with it.
I have avoided spoilers as well and it is so worth it. I am really surprised by how different this game is in a lot of ways compared with Botw.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky