Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 2 of 2024)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Darn, week 2 already?! I don't even remember what I did last week. Anyway, what are you playing?

Just mostly Marvel's Midnight Suns and Tears of the Kingdom. Not much to say haha except enjoying both.

• Hug
Reactions: Stevey and lashman

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
This first week of 2024 has been a very fruitful one as I binged the absolute hell out of Afterimage and had a blast.
Now that I'm done with that I plan on going back to Sword and Fairy 7. Also only 1 more chapter until I'm caught up again in Honkai Impact 3rd, so I imagine I'll work on that on the side as well.
And maybe some Daemon x Machina inbetween to shake things up a bit, we'll see.

Reactions: Cacher
Dec 5, 2018
Record of Lodoss War-Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth-: Finished the game. Pretty nice short metroidvania.

Started Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright Trilogy: It's been like 15 years (?) since I played the first game. It's amazing how i still remember most of the story beats.

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
Started Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiak Age this week, and making good progress. Anf that x2 speed increase is a godsend in the large dungeons (and traversing the large citirs).

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
More Afterimage. I thought I was stuck a bit, scoured the maps for locations I had missed, but turns out that I had just forgotten one of the boat locations entirely. :cold-sweat:

Started Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiak Age this week, and making good progress. Anf that x2 speed increase is a godsend in the large dungeons (and traversing the large citirs).
Oh yeah, some of the dungeons in particular are just stupidly long and the speed up is a godsend.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I finished Dark Souls 3 and Pizza Tower yesterday. I'm also very (and I mean very) slowly going through The Talos Principle 2. Pizza Tower and Talos 2 would have probably been on my 2023 GOTY lists if I had actually finished them last year.

Reactions: Stevey and Cacher

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
I've also been trying out some Project Zomboid. I bought this all the way back in 2014, but never played it much, since I thought it was devilishly hard.

But this time, I tweaked the sandbox rules a bit to make it a bit more forgiving (early days of the zombie plague, less zombies, no death on infection and no respawning of zombies) and I really enjoy it.

You just have to get to the point where you treat it less like a game, and more like a... life sim perhaps?
You get up in the morning, change clothes, eat some food and then decide on how to use the day.

My current character is working on improving his home, looting local businesses (and the large school next door) and utilizing the neighbor's yard as a makeshift cemetery for all unfortunate zombies that come to close.

And, can't forget to clean the house if it gets bloody!
You can really do a little bit of everything in this game. An easy recommendation.

Reactions: Stevey and Cacher

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Project Zomboid, now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.
It's kind of wild that they are still marked as early access and it's also not abandoned. Over 10 years in EA is wild to think about.

• This!
Reactions: FunnyJay and Cacher

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Making headway on Nier Replicant, currently past the time-skip. Of course, I expect there's a Route B where I have to play through the story bits all over again. Most of the time is spent on the quests, so I expect it should be fairly quick to go over the story scenes again.

And also playing a bit of Persona 4. I'm in mid-July, and I'm enjoying this one quite a bit more than Persona 3. Mostly because stuff is actually happening and the plot isn't just on pause for 6 months straight. No idea what Atlus was smoking when they were making that game, and can't imagine why people look forward to the remaster of that snooze fest.

Also a bit of Secret of Mana on the Steam Deck.

FunnyJay