Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 24 of 2024)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! What are you playing?

I have been playing One Piece Odyssey a lot lately! With mods, it is an incredible game. I love how there are tons of NPC dialogues in the game depicting past One Piece events. In the manga and anime the story usually focuses on the main characters, but when it comes to a RPG you need NPC to fill the blank, and the writers did a perfect job on this aspect. Being someone who have read One Piece for over 20 years, the events in Arasbasta feel familiar yet fresh at the same time. So good.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Same as last week — Cyberpunk.

Also played a bit of these:
The demo for Tactical Breach Wizards, but its turn-based and therefore not for me. Tried it only because I liked Tom Francis's game Gunpoint.

The demo for Vampire The Masquerade Reckoning of New York simply because I liked the character art, but the game itself bored me within minutes (its a visual novel, also not my thing)

Atari 50 — or rather, clicked through the history, watched the videos etc; its well made. Still have a bunch to get through. The games themselves are, well, Atari classics.

The demo for Tiny Glade: a charming "castle doodling game", that is just cute and relaxing. Gives Dorfromantik/Townscaper vibes. Will definitely play the full release. I think I mentioned this at some point in the Steam thread

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Pillars 2 is grinding on. Played it at release, RTWP, this time it's turn-based with all the DLC. Game takes twice as long turn-based. The winter and sanctum DLCs are great, the crucible one is soooooooooooo boring. After that is finally finished it's endgame.

OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Finished Ace Attorney 6's final case. What a ride.

Also totally forgot about the DLC case. Haven't played it before so excited to get through it soon.

• Gib
Reactions: Rockin' Ranger

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Nothing!
I finished Yooka Laylee Impossible Lair earlier today.
Just one more thing to add to that bad last level experience, there's no quick restart and the last boss that you face a few over the course of the level takes annoyingly long each time, and while it's great that there are checkpoints, every checkpoint starts with the boss fight. The boss is easy, just takes a while each time so it's just annoying. And lastly, the very last leg of the last level is an escape sequence with a 120 second timer.
There's really only one good thing about the last level. Each leg of the level counts the lost bees individually so if I end up in the beginning of the 4th leg with 0 bees left and originally lost 20 bees in the 1st leg, I can go back to the beginning, play the first leg perfectly, bomb out at the beginning of the 2nd leg, and the bee count in the beginning of 4th leg would still update to match the perfect 1st leg.

Abe New n Tasty did the same kind of thing but in reverse with its speedrun achievement, where you would need to beat the whole game in x amount of time, but you didn't have to do it in one continuous run but rather every level would have its own time and they would just sum it up for the whole thing in the end.

But yeah, now I don't have anything active at the moment.
I should continue and finish up Filament. Not sure how far I'm in that. Also should try to do the character stories and other endings in Lords of the Fallen, maybe before I play the Elden DLC, not sure if I'm going to play that at launch though. I should try, but I might wait a few patches just in case they need to patch in Patches quest again.
:toucan:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I'm playing Soulstice these days.
It's essentially a budget Devil May Cry but really enjoyable imo. It looks good, the story and lore are interesting enough and while combat has a learning curve before it "clicks", once it clicks it's really enjoyable too.
The game really feeds into the "the better you play, the cooler things get" design. Not only is every battle in a mission graded, damaging enemies while not getting hit or messing up your blocks builds a meter that lets you then use a weapon-specific special attack and later on even transform. When you get into the flow it's very satisfying - but if you play badly it can feel basic/clunky.
Levels are basically DMC-style, separate missions that have hidden upgrades, challenges and currency for buying new moves and passives.

Reactions: lashman and Cacher