Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 25 of 2024)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! What are you playing?

I finished the DLC case of Ace Attorney 6, which concluded my journey with the 456 trilogy. Haven't played this case before so this is a completely fresh experience, and I like it! Considering how fantastic the rest of the game is, I think this is the weakest case in 6 for how predicable it is, but it is still a decent story with an interesting premise and twist. Overall I had a lot of fun with the trilogy. Soooooo, where the f**k is Ace Attorney 7?

On the other hand, I just reached Water Seven in One Piece Odyssey. Although Arabasta is my favorite arc in One Piece, Water Seven + Enies Lobby arc is easily one of the best written arcs in the manga, so I have high hopes to how the game will illustrate these upcoming events.

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Okami HD. With lossless scaling it's finally "playable" for me. Fake 90fps still a lot better than 30 fps. Unfortunately the game currently has problem with steam input, celestial brush won't move which is fixable, and the fishing mini game also I've heard. I wish they remaster this with actual VA, I can't stand the banjo nonsense sounds and this game has a lot of dialog and cutscenes. Shelved.

Klonoa 2. Another game with nonsense VA, not as bad as Okami. At least it has a fast forward option. It's a light and fun platformer, like the first one. But the levels are getting quite long, at least for a platformer. Like 30 minute for one level. Still fun though.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Wish I can buy this on Steam. Game's still a lot of fun. Some of the CG cutscenes are surprisingly very high quality for a game movie tie in.

Blizniak

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2018
Gungrave G.O.R.E and I'm really liking it so far. It's fairly simple, like an arcade game of old but trying to chain a combo through a whole level is a fun challenge.

Reactions: Cacher and lashman

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Started Before we Leave.
It's a pretty chill city builder/world builder/economy manager. Not sure how long I'll play it overall since it doesn't have a campaign, you just generate a random map and go to town.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Wish I can buy this on Steam. Game's still a lot of fun. Some of the CG cutscenes are surprisingly very high quality for a game movie tie in.

Still one of the best late title cards of any video game ever.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I finished Soulstice. Honestly really enjoyed that. Pretty decent story and characters, good gameplay, good enemy design. The boss designs especially are just messed up in the best possible way. And you even get cool transformation(s) yourself.

Afterwards tried Steelrising, but had to give up cause there's just no combination of settings that make that game not look like complete shit with my setup. Maybe I'll revist after an upgrade, but for now this is not worth my time.

So I went to Nioh 2 instead. Still in the first level cause I'm too stubborn and had to defeat that optional strong miniboss enemy the game puts right in your face at the very beginning, telling you "you don't need to fight every enemy" :whistle:
It's fun. Not sure how much I'll get to it next week though, since Wednesday has a chonky Star Rail update that will get priority.

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Been playing some Dwarf Fortress, automated steel bar production through work orders.
Also Elden Ring, new playthrough, just made it to Mountaintops Of The Giants, so not far from where I need to be to access the DLC on Thursday.:blobevening:

Reactions: lashman and Cacher
OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Someone needs to remaster this game so I can buy it on steam. I played it on 360 and it was such a gem.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Enjoying the game a lot. The battle themes are straight bangers, not to mention the boss theme. And the open world traversal is a lot of fun too.

Reactions: Ibuki and Cacher
OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I started Cat Quest for a change of pace. It is a 2D action game with an addictive gameplay loop. Journeying through the land, taking on the main quest while completely side quests from towns and clearing caves on the map, all with a level indicator which tells if the player is up to the challenge. It feels weirdly satisfying to backtrack to starting area after becoming stronger and finish a quest that I was not able to. I also really enjoy the cat puns. Fun game.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
So after playing Fallout 4 for exclusively for about a month I've moved on to some other games...

Finally got round to firing up Shadow Gambit after having it sat in my library since launch. Great game, more of the same tactical greatness from Mimimi.

Tried a bit of Just Cause 4 but it crashes after a few minutes every time. Such a shoddy product. Shame as i enjoyed 1-3.

Also tried a bit of Chernobylite which looks good but i wasnt really in the mood.

Now onto Elden Ring. I've started a new game as my previous save was 120 hrs in and i had no idea what i was doing.

Reactions: Cacher

Alexandros

MetaMember
Nov 4, 2018
I have been playing Yakuza 3 Remastered and so far I think it is the worst out of the Yakuza's I have played (Zero, Kiwami, Kiwami 2). The story took a loooooooong time to gain any sort of momentum and combat is pretty frustrating with enemy bosses blocking all the time. I'm still in chapter 6 so there's plenty of time for it to improve but so far I'm not feeling it.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Talking of Raven and Wolverine I've restarted Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. Started it some years back but forgot everything so I thought I'd just restart. Currently rocking an all girls squad of Elektra, Ms. Marvel, Spider Woman and Storm. Usually play as storm as I like the abilities.