Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 27 of 2023)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Summer sale week 1! What are you playing when you are not shopping?

I finished Danganronpa 1's main story during the week. Same as I remember, the main villain is extremely annoying (in a good way) and their VA did a stellar job voicing them. Overall very enjoyable with some nicely written tricks and characters. Going after the optional school mode next to grab all the remaining achievements.

Also slowly progressing Gears Tactics. I enjoy the game but the content does seem repetitive at times. Only playing it during the weekend so I would not feel burnt-out by it.

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Still chugging away at One Piece Odyssey. I feel like I should be more than halfway done with it. At this pace I'll probably end up having spent three quarters of the year playing nothing besides it :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

• Gib
Reactions: Cacher and lashman

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
I've been playing so much stuff at the same time lately, sometimes I get into a mood where I play a lot of stuff in my endless queue to see what sticks (instead of "maining" a game).

I got a physical Kirby and the Forgotten Land (NSW) on sale, and am blown away by how good it is. This is how they used to make videogames, dammit!

On XSX, i played:
Sleeping Dogs Definitive: My second replay of this game (previously beaten on PS3 and Steam. Its still incredibly fun!

Beat The Gunk. Mediocre, and easily Image and Form's worst game.

Finally started digging into RE8 (in the second house). Game looks and runs phenomenal, and I'm enjoying myself a lot, but its just not the same as a Resi 4. The third person mode is awful - the game was clearly designed for first person, and areas feel super cramped as a result.

Also finished LOUD: My Road To Fame. It's a surprisingly enjoyable (and challenging) rhythm game, guitar based. The My Trip To Japan DLC is pure fire - it has music from Mutant Monster, Dollparts, etc. So good! Its also on sale on Steam for a good price, highly recommend if you like music games.

On Steam, I plan to come back to SF6 this weekend. Played and hated Choo Choo Survivor, Chrono Survivor, Squad 51 vs. The Flying Saucers and Super Bullet Break. That last game (SBB) was so execrably bad I refunded it immediately.

Lastly, these came in the mail:

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to share so I can organize my thoughts!

Finished A Plague's Tale Innocence today, and continue to play System Shock. In addition, I also started Yakuza 6. Gotta finally finish Kiryu's saga and begin with the new Yakuza games (and spinoffs)
Yakuza 6 is a fine game, and a solid cap to the Kiryu saga. You're really close to Yakuza 7 (Like A Dragon)! Single-handedly revived my love for the Yakuza series, it's so good.

Last edited:

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I finished Planet of Lana just before the week began.

Today I’ve got a week off work and I’m gonna play a few games, starting with We Love Katamari REROLL+ Royal Reverie.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
How did you get on with Planet of Lana? Worth playing? Its in my XGP queue but I haven't gotten around to it yet..
Personally, I loved it. Not GOTY material, but definitely a highlight for the year.

Do you like Limbo/Inside?

Do you like colourful worlds with striking yet simple art direction?

Are you a sci-fi fan?

Do you like cute animal companions who you instantly fall for?

If you check some or all of those boxes you'll like it. It's a good game, and a pretty breezy playthrough at between 4-6 hours. It might be a nice "chaser" game to play between two really big titles.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I bought Atelier Firis and Lydie & Suelle last week and started Firis. I'm liking it, though the timer being always in the back of my mind is a bit annoying, even though I know that it's probably very lenient. Great on the Deck, at least after you put that Atelier-fix DLL from the DXVK guy there. Without it it runs horribly bad.

But then I remembered that actually, I wanted to continue playing Ghostwire Tokyo. So I went back to that for now. Game gets a lot more enjoyable with certain upgrades, like the Grapple and certain combat abilites and I continue to like the vibe and the setpieces are cool.

Then today Genshin 3.8 has come out and I'm pretty excited for that one. The summer updates have historically always been bangers with a lot of fun stuff to do.

Reactions: Cacher

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I finished Astlibra Revision. Still have to gather my thoughts on that one, but it was certainly a breath of fresh air in many aspects. Old fresh air, if that makes sense.

Next on Deck I started playing Trails from Zero.
Pretty good job with that port, if I do say so myself. It's nice to be able to play a JRPG on PC/Deck and not immediately run into 3 technical things that make you go "ugh".