Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 28 of 2024)

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! What are you playing?

I reached the final chapter of One Piece Odyssey. Going to clean up most of the side content before stepping foot into the final dungeon. There are so many things left to do so this will probably take me one or two weeks. Also continue playing Grindstone. Really fun and addictive game.

Reactions: Nabs
Dec 5, 2018
Slow week played a bit of Dicey Dungeons, I'm conflicted I like the game but I feel that I'm constantly at the mercy of the RNG gods.
Looking to play Crash 4: about time.

Reactions: Nabs and Cacher

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Islands of Insight
It's that MMO logic puzzle game that was given away for free a little while ago.
Pretty decent, some of the puzzles are quite hard. It seems quite expansive too.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I finished Alwa's Awakening 8bit, so now I'm knee deep into Alwa's Legacy. It's pretty solid, but I am missing the NES style a bit. I'm making up for it with some CRT Shaders via Magpie.

I want to give a shoutout to my NeoGeo CD/8bitdo controller. I love it with side scrollers that don't require 9 million buttons.

Reactions: lashman and Cacher

einstellung

Dec 31, 2018
Star Ocean The Second Story R: Playing in Spanish for practice's sake. The dialogue so far has had few idioms, so that's encouraging. I think it's still a little too difficult for me, but I've decided to go through with it anyway. I haven't played this game in over 20 years, but still enough memories are stoked that I can recall just enough to help myself get the gist in Spanish.

The game remains a cacophony of systems. Is the game simple or complex, good or bad? I'm not sure. But untangling its many systems is as compelling as it was back in the day. The writing is better than I remember too. The kid you meet in the first port town made me laugh. There are some great quality of life changes. Private Actions being integrated in to the critical path, or de-obfuscated was a great change.

The combat is as stupid as ever, but fun in a strange way. There are mages that can one-shot my party? Then I need to increase my move speed or proc a teleport so I can reach the mage to bash their face in before they finish casting, while my own mage AoE nukes the remaining enemy mages to interrupt them. I kill them in 2 seconds, or they do the same to me. Combat!

Reactions: lashman and Cacher
OP
Cacher

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
I started playing Tinykin. Already finished the third area. What a lovely game. Many people say it is indie Pikmin but I was pleasantly surprised that the game is more a 3D puzzle collectathon than Pikmin. Going to attempt a full-achievement run with the game.

Reactions: lashman

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I'm still playing Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, currently in the middle of chapter 7

Reactions: Cacher